#13395 - 30 Aug 06 15:19 Re: cute and cuddly
Anna Rina Mira Offline
Member+

Loc: Germany
return!
i am back from nyc
thanks for filling this thread with your ideas smile
i am surprised about that smile
It saw a mirage craning over it, a creature bound to the ground.

#13396 - 30 Aug 06 15:21 Re: cute and cuddly
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

Hi anna,

welcome back, how was New york?

#13397 - 30 Aug 06 16:30 Re: cute and cuddly
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
whats not to love about new york? the greatest city in the world!!!...and everyone is trying to act so damn cool! yeah, i used to lived in that crazy city!

lets see here...i have two hot dudes living in manhattan, rude people everywhere, subways, latte liberals, insane prices, attitude, cell phones in restaurants, rude waiters, rude waitresses (you're not an actress yet), cellphones in movies, flooded subways, pay phones, the LES artist yuppie scum, umlords, the MTA bus system and rude drivers, street peddlers, rats, hookers, pimps, hipsters, cockroaches, city taxes, skyscrapers, "luxury" and "elegant" condos (get a thesauraus) trash, garbage and litter everywhere - and i mean everywhere, the smell, tourists walking four and five abreast on the sidewalk, no one speaking english, bus drivers that cut off bikers, yankee fans, those jerks that put menus under the door irregardless of our sign that said NO MENUS, jaywalkers, uggers, thugs, gangs, clubs that charge $25+ to get in, the rude token clerk at 34th and 8th - i hate those damn people!

#13398 - 30 Aug 06 16:41 Re: cute and cuddly
Anna Rina Mira Offline
Member+

Loc: Germany
the clubs are not the most expensive thing...
i have been to a very famous jazz club but sometimes you can find clubs without money + nevertheless live music... hmmmm
the rest you are right, wallet smile
sometimes the bus drivers are nice, but more often not haha
i miss 2nd avenue... hanging around, talking to americans (immigrants mostly) and drink bad coffee...
i miss my friends home, a very good one with big windows where you can see the skyline in the 41th floor.... ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
It saw a mirage craning over it, a creature bound to the ground.

#13399 - 30 Aug 06 17:16 Re: cute and cuddly
Polar Bear Offline
Pujangga Besar

I used to go to a cheap Jazz Club in Sydney called "Soup Plus". This was my perfect Jazz club. Dark, set deep in a cellar, no charge to get in, cheap soup, long benches, and excellent music. Some of the best jazz musicians would play, and strangers would just get up and jam with the acts. Guys would bring a trumpet, walk up and join in for a couple of songs.

It had a mixed clientele. You could see famous Sydney identities on one bench, and poor students sitting on the next.

Sadly, Soup Plus closed last year, after about 30 years. We lost a great bar......

http://www.soupplus.com.au/soup.html

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  NetCop