Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#64123 - 31 Oct 07 02:29 Brand new iPhone stuck in Denpasar, anyone want it?
IlliniRy Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL USA
I have a brand new, unopened iPhone stuck in Indonesian customs in Denpasar, and I can't retrieve it without paying a fortune. If anyone lives in that area and would like to pick it up, I will give you the information and you can go get it. The customs taxes are $150, so that's all you would have to pay to get it. If you are willing to go pick it up in Denpasar, please let me know immediately and I will call you with the information. The phone is worth $400, it's an 8GB iPhone.

#64124 - 31 Oct 07 02:38 Re: Brand new iPhone stuck in Denpasar, anyone want it? [Re: IlliniRy]
IlliniRy Offline

by the way, if you're interested you might be asking what's in this for me. well if you get the phone and activate it, i can get a $100 Apple store credit. It doesn't affect you, you'll still be able to get the phone for $150.

#64133 - 31 Oct 07 05:41 Re: Brand new iPhone stuck in Denpasar, anyone want it? [Re: IlliniRy]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
Haven't you done this before somewhere else ?

#64136 - 31 Oct 07 05:43 Re: Brand new iPhone stuck in Denpasar, anyone want it? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
does sound vaguely familiar.

#64138 - 31 Oct 07 05:50 Re: Brand new iPhone stuck in Denpasar, anyone want it? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Capt. Mainwaring Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: here
I am trying to work out what the angle may be - there certainly is one . It's probably full up with things that make you hair curl.

#64142 - 31 Oct 07 06:04 Re: Brand new iPhone stuck in Denpasar, anyone want it? [Re: Capt. Mainwaring]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Or it may possibly make you see the world differently.

Attachments
hWu9cVBCwRL3.jpg

#64148 - 31 Oct 07 07:17 Re: Brand new iPhone stuck in Denpasar, anyone want it? [Re: Dilli]
chewwyUK Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
you would think as this same story was on this site a few months ago the poor chap would have learnt to stop sending things to Bali. Given the number of current and ex people involved in the global drug trade currently being a resident of Bali I would probably avoid picking up any packages that are being held by customs

#64168 - 31 Oct 07 09:42 Re: Brand new iPhone stuck in Denpasar, anyone want it? [Re: chewwyUK]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
perhaps his i-phone is full of coke.

#118275 - 23 Dec 14 06:25 Re: Brand new iPhone stuck in Denpasar, anyone want it? [Re: Roy's Hair]
IlliniRy Offline

Haha, found this old thread from 2007. It does sound like I was doing something shady. Thankfully I got them to send the phone back to me and I ended up selling it to someone else.

Moderator:  NetCop