Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#115472 - 25 Mar 11 00:34 Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work?
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta

#115474 - 25 Mar 11 08:03 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Vulgarian]
Kitty Offline
Member+++

Loc: Surabaya
wow..that's great!

yay

#115475 - 25 Mar 11 09:02 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Kitty]
OrangJawa Offline
Member++

Loc: timor leste
nice to hear

#115476 - 25 Mar 11 10:04 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: OrangJawa]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

I'm refraining from ascertaining the number of poultry I possess.

#115477 - 25 Mar 11 10:46 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Vulgarian]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe

my take: it won't happen.

#115478 - 25 Mar 11 10:47 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

#115479 - 25 Mar 11 11:16 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Vulgarian]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Quote:
It's not definite yet unfortunately. This is a message I received from a member of Tim Advokasi Perkawinan Campuran.

'The excitement on Facebook is premature! There was a meeting between the DPR's committee and government representatives to discuss the Immigration Bill on Sunday and Monday. Some members of Tim Advokasi Perkawinan Campuran were present but were not allowed to be inside the meeting room. So far we have received some hints but have not seen the document. It is being discussed by the Timus (formatting sub-committee) at the DPR tonight. It still needs to be approved by the Minister and hopefully will be passed at the plenary session of parliament on 5th April. We hope that the content will meet our needs but this is not yet sure. I would like to stress that this is not the end of the struggle! We still need to follow up the implementing regulations (Peraturan Pemerintah and Peraturan Menteri) and this will take another 18 months after the passing of the bill.

There will be an official report from Tim Advokasi Perkawinan Campuran soon'.

#115481 - 25 Mar 11 11:32 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Vulgarian]
iceu_juiceu Offline
Member++

Loc: pohon pisang
smokesmokesmokesmokesmoke

Click to reveal..

Edited by iceu_juiceu (25 Mar 11 12:08)

#115482 - 25 Mar 11 12:17 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Kitty Offline
Member+++

Quoting: KuKuKaChu

why Ku?
it's gonna happen anyway wink and you should be happy dong smile

#115484 - 25 Mar 11 12:28 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Vulgarian]
Cabi-Cabi Lucu Offline

wah..wah kalo peraturan ini ditetapkan dan disahkan..
hmmm not good I think

suka repot ya pemerintah..dulu mau buat peraturan "Jaminan Rp.500 juta bagi pria WNA untuk menikahi perempuan WNI"

cekk..cekk..

#115502 - 27 Mar 11 15:13 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Cabi-Cabi Lucu]
fred Offline
Member*

Loc: here and there

#115504 - 27 Mar 11 15:19 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: fred]
fred Offline
Member*

If it happens I'll do what I always wanted to be. I wanted to be a ....be a..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpxQp3Hy5nk&feature=relmfu

Edited by fred (27 Mar 11 15:20)

#115505 - 27 Mar 11 16:05 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: fred]
iceu_juiceu Offline
Member++

Quoting: fred
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

laugh Whenever you get depressed in Indo, this vid will cheers u up, guys... whistle

Edited by iceu_juiceu (27 Mar 11 17:25)

#115509 - 28 Mar 11 09:12 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: iceu_juiceu]
Cabi-Cabi Lucu Offline

Quoting: iceu_juiceu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

laugh Whenever you get depressed in Indo, this vid will cheers u up, guys... whistle

when you get depressed in Indo..laeve the country and back to your own country..easy and simple wink

#115514 - 28 Mar 11 17:05 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Cabi-Cabi Lucu]
fred Offline
Member*

Quoting: Cabi-Cabi Lucu
[

when you get depressed in Indo..laeve the country and back to your own country..easy and simple wink

Bugger that for a game of soldiers. Anarchists sodding about, spending cuts all over the shant and all my DJ mates unemployed due to lack of work.

No feckling way would I go back to the UK while it's like that.

#115543 - 30 Mar 11 15:00 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Woinashi
Unregistered

ooohhh...............

#115547 - 30 Mar 11 17:11 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: ]
Cabi-Cabi Lucu Offline

Quoting: Woinashi

ooohhh...............

why ohhhhh...Woinashi?

#115640 - 07 Apr 11 14:07 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Cabi-Cabi Lucu]
OrangJawa Offline
Member++

It seems that the Draft will be stipulated today ... good news?

Izin Tinggal WNA Dipermudah
Caroline Damanik | Inggried | Kamis, 7 April 2011 | 12:33 WIB Kompas/ANDY RIZA HIDAYAT

JAKARTA, Kompas.com - Warga Negara Asing (WNA) yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Tetap di Indonesia tak harus lagi melapor ke Kantor Imigrasi setiap tahunnya. Ketentuan ini berlaku setelah RUU Imigrasi disahkan dalam sidang paripurna DPR RI, di Gedung DPR, Jakarta, Kamis (7/4/2011).

Pasal 59 ayat (1) UU Imigrasi menyebutkan, izin tinggal tetap diberikan untuk jangka waktu lima tahun dan dapat diperpanjang untuk waktu yang tidak terbatas sepanjang izinnya tidak dibatalkan. Sementara itu, ayat (2) pasal 59 menyebutkan bahwa pemegang izin tinggal tetap untuk jangka waktu yang tidak terbatas wajib melapor ke Kantor Imigrasi setiap lima tahun dan tidak dikenai biaya. Sebelumnya, para WNA dengan izin tinggal tetap memang diwajibkan untuk melapor setiap akhir tahun ke Kantor Imigrasi.

Tentu saja, hal ini disambut dengan gembira oleh para istri atau suami yang menikah dengan warga negara asing. Mereka memang menyempatkan hadir di balkon ruang paripurna. Mereka bertepuk tangan pula saat Ketua Pansus RUU Imigrasi Fachri Hamzah mengumumkan bahwa UU Imigrasi memberikan kemudahan bagi eks WNI dan eks subyek anak berkewarganegaraan ganda RI untuk memiliki Izin Tinggal Tetap.

"Selain itu, UU juga memberikan kemudahan bagi pemegang Izin Tinggal Terbatas dan Izin Tinggal Tetap karena perkawinan campuran untuk melakukan pekerjaan dan/atau usaha untuk memenuhi kebutuhan hidup atau keluarganya," kata Fachri

#115650 - 07 Apr 11 15:34 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: OrangJawa]
Pooh Bah

wait for the implementing regulations. perhaps in another year or so. then see just how damn useless this law is.

#115655 - 07 Apr 11 17:32 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: OrangJawa]
Kitty Offline
Member+++

Quoting: OrangJawa

Caroline Damanik | Inggried | Kamis, 7 April 2011 | 12:33 WIB Kompas/ANDY RIZA HIDAYAT

JAKARTA, Kompas.com - Warga Negara Asing (WNA) yang memiliki Izin Tinggal Tetap di Indonesia tak harus lagi melapor ke Kantor Imigrasi setiap tahunnya. Ketentuan ini berlaku setelah RUU Imigrasi disahkan dalam sidang paripurna DPR RI, di Gedung DPR, Jakarta, Kamis (7/4/2011).

Pasal 59 ayat (1) UU Imigrasi menyebutkan, izin tinggal tetap diberikan untuk jangka waktu lima tahun dan dapat diperpanjang untuk waktu yang tidak terbatas sepanjang izinnya tidak dibatalkan. Sementara itu, ayat (2) pasal 59 menyebutkan bahwa pemegang izin tinggal tetap untuk jangka waktu yang tidak terbatas wajib melapor ke Kantor Imigrasi setiap lima tahun dan tidak dikenai biaya. Sebelumnya, para WNA dengan izin tinggal tetap memang diwajibkan untuk melapor setiap akhir tahun ke Kantor Imigrasi.

Tentu saja, hal ini disambut dengan gembira oleh para istri atau suami yang menikah dengan warga negara asing. Mereka memang menyempatkan hadir di balkon ruang paripurna. Mereka bertepuk tangan pula saat Ketua Pansus RUU Imigrasi Fachri Hamzah mengumumkan bahwa UU Imigrasi memberikan kemudahan bagi eks WNI dan eks subyek anak berkewarganegaraan ganda RI untuk memiliki Izin Tinggal Tetap.

"Selain itu, UU juga memberikan kemudahan bagi pemegang Izin Tinggal Terbatas dan Izin Tinggal Tetap karena perkawinan campuran untuk melakukan pekerjaan dan/atau usaha untuk memenuhi kebutuhan hidup atau keluarganya," kata Fachri

sound really great! just wish that this's not misused by certain parties smile

#115656 - 07 Apr 11 17:52 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: OrangJawa]
Cabi-Cabi Lucu Offline

bit worried..jangan2 justru ini malah mempermudah WNA menikahi WNI hanya sebagai alat saja, mmmm semoga tidak smile

#115657 - 07 Apr 11 19:34 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Woinashi
Unregistered

wait for the implementing regulations. perhaps in another year or so. then see just how damn useless this law is.

ooohhhh.........

#115659 - 07 Apr 11 19:53 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
fred Offline
Member*

I like to think happy thoughts. I think it's a "Thunderbirds are go" moment.

#115663 - 08 Apr 11 08:08 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: fred]
OrangJawa Offline
Member++

Great!!!

I'm looking forward to the next immigration law to grant dual citizenship for children of mixed marriages for life (not only up to the age of 18 yo).. yay

Foreign Spouses Granted More Residency Rights

Anita Rachman | April 08, 2011 - The Jakarta Globe

Amid cheers, elation and applause, the House of Representatives passed a new immigration law on Thursday that introduced sweeping changes for foreign spouses and children of mixed marriages.

Fahri Hamzah, deputy chairman of House Commission III overseeing legal affairs, spoke of a “breakthrough” as the gavel was banged passing the bill.

House Deputy Speaker Priyo Budi Santoso called the new law “monumental,” while Justice and Human Rights Minister Patrialis Akbar said the law was aimed at taking good care of citizens’ foreign spouses and children.

“We want to give protection to Indonesian citizens and their foreign relatives,” Patrialis said. “They are the children of Indonesia. Their [foreign] wives and husbands are part of our big family.”

The law, among other things, grants permanent residency to foreigners married to Indonesians and to their children, and allows foreign spouses to work in the country without sponsorship.

Patrialis said the law would officially become effective when ratified by the president — “30 days at the latest.”

Indonesian Democratic Party of Struggle (PDI-P) lawmaker Eva Kusuma Sundari told The Jakarta Globe that the law did not address issues such as property ownership related to foreign spouses. These, she said, will be dealt with in the upcoming revision of the Agrarian Law.

“But this is not a small gain. People no longer need to extend their Kitas every year and could still stay here after a divorce, provided they have been married for at least 10 years. It’s more humane,” she said, referring to the current limited stay permit that has to be renewed annually.

Isabelle Mace Panggabean, 31, said she couldn’t believe the law had finally been passed. Half-French, Isabelle has been married to an Indonesian for five years and the couple have one child.

“I was afraid that this law would never get passed,” she said. “There are too many bills, and the immigration bill seemed to get less attention.”

She said that in the past, she had been forced to go through the complicated process of annual Kitas renewal and regretted she was not allowed to work.

“What if my husband falls ill? Then I need [a job] to take care of our child,” she said.

Juliani Wistarina Luthan, who has been married to a Japanese for 15 years, thanked both the government and the House for passing the “reformist” law. She said she was happy her husband would no longer need to extend his Kitas.

Julie Mace, a representative of the International Rainbow Alliance and the Indonesian Mixed Marriage Society, said she would wait for the implementation phase of the law before passing judgement. She expressed hope that related institutions such as the Ministry of Manpower and Transmigration would strictly abide by the law, especially when it came to the rights of foreign spouses to work.

Mace also said the groups she represented would in the short term monitor the government’s steps in implementing the law.

“We will keep focusing on the government motions in producing the ministerial decrees and government regulations because the new law will not work effectively without those,” Mace said, adding that the relevant decrees and regulations should be issued within a year.

“In the long term, we want to increase awareness of this law across the country, so that all state officials know and understand there is a new immigration law,” she said. It will be very important to have these stakeholders involved, she added, because only then will the new policies be implemented smoothly.

Additional reporting by Elisabeth Oktofani

#115664 - 08 Apr 11 08:09 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
OrangJawa Offline
Member++

more business opportunity for okushi?

#115669 - 08 Apr 11 09:02 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: OrangJawa]
Pooh Bah

more business opportunity for okushi?

not really. foreigners in this category are not my market.

#115671 - 08 Apr 11 10:07 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: fred]
Pooh Bah

I like to think happy thoughts. I think it's a "Thunderbirds are go" moment.

it'll all end in tears, mark my words ...

#115672 - 08 Apr 11 12:13 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
fred Offline
Member*

I'll mark them but SBY has been making a lot of human rights speeches in the last couple of years (To international audiences) so I believe there is a lot more politics in this than just pressure from interest groups.

#115679 - 08 Apr 11 17:38 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: fred]
Jokie Jokie Girl Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Central Jakarta
Source : Milis APAB.

The key points of the New Law that affect us are as follows:

· If you marry an Indonesian citizen here, you will be entitled to Izin Tinggal Terbatas. After 2 years, you can convert it to Izin Tinggal Tetap (ITAP).

· If you have already been legally married for at least two years to an Indonesian citizen, you get an ITAP immediately. E.g. if you marry your Indonesian spouse in Australia and stay there for 2 years before coming to live in Indonesia, you are entitled to an ITAP immediately.

· If you have an ITAP because you are married to an Indonesian, you can work here without needing a work permit.

· If your children choose to keep their foreign nationality once they reach the age of 18, they are entitled to an ITAP and can work here.

· If your children were over 18 when the citizenship law was passed and never had Indonesian nationality, they are now entitled to an ITAP and can work.

· Foreigners who are legally married to Indonesians no longer need a `penjamin' (sponsor).

· The ITAP is valid for an unlimited period but needs to be renewed administratively every 5 years. There is no cost for this.

· If you already have an ITAP and your Indonesian spouse dies, you keep the ITAP.

· If you have an ITAP and you and your Indonesian spouse divorce before you have been married for 10 years, the ITAP is cancelled.

· If you have an ITAP and you and your Indonesian spouse divorce when you have been married for 10 years or more, you keep the ITAP.

Unfortunately we still have to have the re-entry permit. If you have an ITAP, you will be able to get, as now, a multiple re-entry permit that is valid for 2 years.

Now that the bill has been approved by the DPR it will go to SetNeg and then be signed by the President. However, it will take some time before the implementing regulations are drawn up and this law becomes effective.

#115680 - 08 Apr 11 19:22 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Jokie Jokie Girl]
fred Offline
Member*

I understand the bill has to be signed by Pak President within 30 days.
I wonder how long before it's actually available.

#115682 - 09 Apr 11 10:35 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: fred]
Pooh Bah

I wonder how long before it's actually available.

typically, implementing regulations can take from 3 months to never.

take "investor visas". under law, these are residence visas/work permits that are issued for 2-5 years. never implemented, although it's law.

#115704 - 12 Apr 11 11:57 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Loc: Blok M

#116228 - 18 May 11 13:05 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Om Pong]
Kitty Offline
Member+++

the new law is now available to download. It can be found here http://www.setneg.go.id/ search UU Nomor 6 tahun 2011 tentang keimigrasian and you'll be able to down load it smile
http://www.setneg.go.id/index.php?option...n=2011&catn
www.setneg.go.id

It's already been signed and passed as of the 6th May...

#116229 - 18 May 11 13:17 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Kitty]
Pooh Bah

but but but ... where are the implementing regulations?

#116230 - 18 May 11 15:00 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
fred Offline
Member*

You did say "three months to never".
Give the fuckers a chance lads.
I've been told there's fat chance of such a law ever being passed at all and here we are on the verge of a great day for us and a chance for Indonesia to show it's actually doing something positive that'll help a lot of people and hurt no one.
I'm a positive sort of bloke and have argued many times we'll see this law and, yep, we're here.
Like I said - Think happy thoughts and give the fuckers a chance.

#116231 - 18 May 11 15:06 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: fred]
Pooh Bah

sorry fred, i've been here too many times before.

nothing is true until it happens.

#116232 - 18 May 11 15:14 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
fred Offline
Member*

I agree with the possibility it could all go tits up but I'm still thinking happy thoughts and saying it'll happen.

Bet you a pizza and we're talking Papa Ron's this time.

(Pizza subject to you not making any homosexual advances to me while eating, before or after, and no sneaking under the table to blow me during the meal)

I may relax the latter rule if you promise to be gentle and not bite me.

Edited by fred (18 May 11 15:15)

#116237 - 18 May 11 17:19 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Kitty Offline
Member+++

sabar Ku..it's gonna be soon wink

#116241 - 19 May 11 09:21 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Kitty]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Kitty

waiting for godot ...

#116245 - 19 May 11 15:59 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Kitty Offline
Member+++

waiting for godot ...

I just received an email...in JUNE!!!

#116253 - 19 May 11 18:13 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Kitty]
fred Offline
Member*

Very nice if true.
Where was it from and is it reliable info?

PS KK thingy will owe me a pizza. BBQ meat feast works for me.

#116254 - 19 May 11 18:20 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: fred]
Pooh Bah

PS KK thingy will owe me a pizza. BBQ meat feast works for me.

dream on ...

#116257 - 19 May 11 20:22 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
fred Offline
Member*

I dare not dream as it makes a mess in the bed sheets.

#116259 - 20 May 11 10:19 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: fred]
Pooh Bah

i'll be attending a public meeting tomorrow night in Batam on the subject of foreign men married to Indonesian women not being required to obtain a work permit.

there are a lot of very high hopes in Batam. i shall have to let them down slowly ...

realities:
1. nothing will happen without implementing regulations formulated by the bureaucracy.
2. these regulations may take a many months, even years, to formulate.
3. the regulations may well not correspond with the spirit of the legislation.
4. expect fun and games; nothing happens for free for foreigners in indonesia. remember, we owe them a living.

#116264 - 20 May 11 11:04 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: fred]
Kitty Offline
Member+++

Very nice if true.
Where was it from and is it reliable info?

yups..it's gonna be!

ofcourse, it's reliabel! what do you think?

#116265 - 20 May 11 11:06 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Kitty Offline
Member+++

i'll be attending a public meeting tomorrow night in Batam on the subject of foreign men married to Indonesian women not being required to obtain a work permit.

there are a lot of very high hopes in Batam. i shall have to let them down slowly ...

realities:
1. nothing will happen without implementing regulations formulated by the bureaucracy.
4. expect fun and games; nothing happens for free for foreigners in indonesia. remember, we owe them a living.

oh ya..oh ya...

#116266 - 20 May 11 12:02 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
iceu_juiceu Offline
Member++

realities:

Give the fuckers a chance, Ku...

#116267 - 20 May 11 12:33 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: iceu_juiceu]
Pooh Bah

realities:

such faith. so touching.

#116271 - 20 May 11 19:09 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Kitty]
fred Offline
Member*

I think it's way too fast so I'm sceptical.
However, to the doom and gloom merchants like cute chewy, I'm still hopeful of a solution to our problems.
Of course I also believe sheep sex will be legal in my lifetime so don't listen to me.
I think happy thoughts and hope for the best but take it with a "Tidak apa apa" if I don't get it.
I'm so chilled, you could paint me white and keep beer in me.

#116289 - 22 May 11 16:26 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
iceu_juiceu Offline
Member++

such faith. so touching.
[/quote]
.....a chance to mess it up.. at least lahan baru buat dpt more money..

yes i have deep faith in govt ... they're great goddess

#116290 - 22 May 11 16:28 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: KuKuKaChu]
iceu_juiceu Offline
Member++

such faith. so touching.
[/quote]
.....a chance to mess it up..

yes i have deep faith in govt ... they're great goddess

Edited by iceu_juiceu (22 May 11 16:42)

#116292 - 22 May 11 22:03 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: iceu_juiceu]
c0ol guy Offline
Member+

Loc: up in heaven
did any one ordered a pizza ?

#116307 - 23 May 11 21:18 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: c0ol guy]
fred Offline
Member*

I love pizza but I always use silly names when I get them in Dominos.

That reminds me.

#117724 - 17 Jun 12 04:09 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: iceu_juiceu]
Gemblung Offline

Loc: London, England
More than a year on.....is there any update on this law yet?

#117761 - 28 Jun 12 09:26 Re: Marriage to an Indonesian grants ability to work? [Re: Gemblung]
Pooh Bah

nada. re-read my messages on this topic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  NetCop