Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113451 - 29 Nov 10 15:35 WikiLeaks!!
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Do you support the release of secret U.S. diplomatic correspondence by WikiLeaks?
msnbc.com - Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:39 PM EST
The White House has condemned the release of thousands of sensitive secret embassy documents as "reckless and dangerous," while WikiLeaks says the release is justified as it sheds a light on the "contradictions between the U.S. public persona and what it says behind closed doors."
http://msnbc.newsvine.com/_question/2010...ce-by-wikileaks

I do not support the release! wikileaks needs to be stopped! it's extremely dangerous for everybody.

#113452 - 29 Nov 10 16:03 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Kitty Offline
Member+++

Loc: Surabaya
WikiLeaks; it's reminding me with Julian Assange the founder of WikiLeaks..

when he got an interview with Atika Shubert from CNN, he walked out because he thought Atika tried to "touching" his personal life! so I said at that time; "he's too sensitive"

well, talking about WikiLeaks..I really don't care! LOL!!

#113455 - 29 Nov 10 17:14 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Kitty]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
let it all hang out, baby. that's what i always say ...

#113458 - 29 Nov 10 20:44 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
It's a beautiful thing.

I am watching this story with great interest.

#113460 - 30 Nov 10 03:02 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Assange is a rapist!

* Assange is an Australian who spends much of his time in Sweden. Earlier this year, he was accused of sexual misconduct by TWO Swedish women. Swedish prosecutors opened, then dropped, then re-opened an investigation into the allegations. Sweden has authorized a warrant for his arrest on suspicion of "rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion." But Assange has not been formally charged with any crime in Sweden, and he has denied all the accusations.

* Sweden's media laws are among the world's most protective for journalists. In addition, Sweden's Pirate Party, which advocates reform of copyright law, has agreed to host WikiLeaks' servers, giving it additional legal protection.

#113461 - 30 Nov 10 07:55 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Playing the man, not the ball, jum, and assuming guilt based on accusation only? Tsk, tsk. How disappointing.

But ok, let's assume for a moment that the allegation is true. In what way does this colour your view of wikileaks? How is it relevant to the issues of secrecy and government immunity that the release of these documents brings up?

The only media outlet I know that has been pushing the Assange-as-rapist angle strongly is, gulp, Fox News. Jum, you haven't been taking Bill-O as gospel on this have you?

#113462 - 30 Nov 10 09:11 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Pooh Bah

yes, the charges did seem to be just a little too convenient. for the time being, best to take them with a grain of salt.

#113463 - 30 Nov 10 09:34 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Vulgarian
The only media outlet I know that has been pushing the Assange-as-rapist angle strongly is, gulp, Fox News.

this is an all-australian contest: murdoch versus assange, adelaide vs melbourne.

#113476 - 30 Nov 10 15:26 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Playing the man, not the ball, jum, and assuming guilt based on accusation only? Tsk, tsk. How disappointing.

But ok, let's assume for a moment that the allegation is true. In what way does this colour your view of wikileaks? How is it relevant to the issues of secrecy and government immunity that the release of these documents brings up?

The only media outlet I know that has been pushing the Assange-as-rapist angle strongly is, gulp, Fox News. Jum, you haven't been taking Bill-O as gospel on this have you?

first, luckily i'm not a fan of Fox News nor Mr.O

the guy's a creepy egomaniac with questionable morals who likes puff himself up be getting the better of people and exposing them. he leaks indiscriminately, including documents of no real value (like sorority secrets) because it gets him attention, power, and gives him a thrill. all the public good stuff is just rubbish, he doesn't really care, it's all about him and his ego. you obviously have to have some twisted morals to want to rape someone and ego and power are a big part of it. it's as much about exerting your will on another as the sexual gratification. so it would be an indicator that indeed his work on wikileaks was for self centered reasons. I believe his work is valuable, necessary and good thing for society as long as not putting many lives at risk! by releasing the sensitive documents that contains of many informants around the world is irresponsible and plain wrong.

#113478 - 30 Nov 10 16:08 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Phew. Good to hear re: Faux News, although you're still assuming he's guilty without proof and then projecting all sorts of psychological nastiness onto him.

Quoting: juminten
I believe his work is valuable, necessary and good thing for society as long as not putting many lives at risk! by releasing the sensitive documents that contains of many informants around the world is irresponsible and plain wrong.

Ah. But no one has: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2010/11/28/104404/officials-may-be-overstating-the.html

Quote:
"We have yet to see any harm come to anyone in Afghanistan that we can directly tie to exposure in the WikiLeaks documents," (Pentagon Spokesman) Morrell told the Washington Post on Aug 11. But "there is in all likelihood a lag between exposure of these documents and jeopardy in the field."

This is just the desperate howl of those who know or fear that their grubby little dealings are about to be exposed.

Edited by Vulgarian (30 Nov 10 16:21)
Edit Reason: added quote

#113479 - 30 Nov 10 23:45 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
moosad Offline

Loc: jkta
Wikkileaks....ha ha...for the stupid, brainless poms and yanks (goys/bules). It was all well planned and perfectly executed by the ones who own the media!

#113480 - 01 Dec 10 05:16 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: moosad]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: moosad
It was all well planned and perfectly executed by the ones who own the media!

The Aussies? Bastards.

Thanks for lifting the veil, moosad.

#113482 - 01 Dec 10 12:44 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Phew. Good to hear re: Faux News, although you're still assuming he's guilty without proof and then projecting all sorts of psychological nastiness onto him.

innocent until proven guilty? that might depend on your celebrity status. Assange is a celebrity now. ask his supporters they say he's a hero, he didn't rape TWO women. remember OJ Simpson? do you believe he didn't kill his ex-wife Nicole Brown & Ron Goldman?

bottom line, he stole something that did not belong to him, he accepted stolen intellectual property, and that is immoral and wrong, It makes no difference what country. what if there were several wars generated from these document's contents? would Assange feel proud of himself?

#113483 - 01 Dec 10 15:04 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

NYT, November 29, 2010
The Fragile Community
By DAVID BROOKS

Julian Assange, the founder of WikiLeaks, had moved 37 times by the time he reached his 14th birthday. His mother didn’t enroll him in the local schools because, as Raffi Khatchadourian wrote in a New Yorker profile, she feared “that formal education would inculcate an unhealthy respect for authority.”

She needn’t have worried. As a young computer hacker, he formed a group called International Subversives. As an adult, he wrote “Conspiracy as Governance,” a pseudo-intellectual online diatribe. He talks of vast “patronage networks” that constrain the human spirit.

Far from respecting authority, Assange seems to be an old-fashioned anarchist who believes that all ruling institutions are corrupt and public pronouncements are lies.

For someone with his mind-set, the decision to expose secrets is easy. If the hidden world is suspect, then everything should be revealed. As The New Yorker reported, WikiLeaks has published technical details about an Army device designed to prevent roadside bombs from detonating. It posted soldiers’ Social Security numbers. This week, the group celebrated the release of internal State Department documents with a triumphalist statement claiming that the documents expose the corruption, hypocrisy and venality of U.S. diplomats.

For him, it’s easy. But for everyone else, it’s hard. My colleagues on the news side of this newspaper do not share Assange’s mentality. As the various statements from the editors have made abundantly clear, they face a much thornier set of issues.

As journalists, they have a professional obligation to share information that might help people make informed decisions. That means asking questions like: How does the U.S. government lobby allies? What is the real nature of our relationship with Pakistani intelligence? At the same time, as humans and citizens, my colleagues know they have a moral obligation not to endanger lives or national security.

The Times has thus erected a series of filters between the 250,000 raw documents that WikiLeaks obtained and complete public exposure. The paper has released only a tiny percentage of the cables. Information that might endanger informants has been redacted. Specific cables have been put into context with broader reporting.

Yet it might be useful to consider one more filter. Consider it the World Order filter. The fact that we live our lives amid order and not chaos is the great achievement of civilization. This order should not be taken for granted.

This order is tenuously maintained by brave soldiers but also by talkative leaders and diplomats. Every second of every day, leaders and diplomats are engaged in a never-ending conversation. The leaked cables reveal this conversation. They show diplomats seeking information, cajoling each other and engaging in faux-friendships and petty hypocrisies as they seek to avoid global disasters.

Despite the imaginings of people like Assange, the conversation revealed in the cables is not devious and nefarious. The private conversation is similar to the public conversation, except maybe more admirable. Israeli and Arab diplomats can be seen reacting sympathetically and realistically toward one another. The Americans in the cables are generally savvy and honest. Iran’s neighbors are properly alarmed and reaching out.

Some people argue that this diplomatic conversation is based on mechanical calculations about national self-interest, and it won’t be affected by public exposure. But this conversation, like all conversations, is built on relationships. The quality of the conversation is determined by the level of trust. Its direction is influenced by persuasion and by feelings about friends and enemies.

The quality of the conversation is damaged by exposure, just as our relationships with our neighbors would be damaged if every private assessment were brought to the light of day. We’ve seen what happens when conversations deteriorate (look at the U.S. Congress), and it’s ugly.

The WikiLeaks dump will probably damage the global conversation. Nations will be less likely to share with the United States. Agencies will be tempted to return to the pre-9/11 silos. World leaders will get their back up when they read what is said about them. Cooperation against Iran may be harder to maintain because Arab leaders feel exposed and boxed in. This fragile international conversation is under threat. It’s under threat from WikiLeaks. It’s under threat from a Gresham’s Law effect, in which the level of public exposure is determined by the biggest leaker and the biggest traitor.

It should be possible to erect a filter that protects not only lives and operations but also international relationships. It should be possible to do articles on specific revelations — Is the U.S. using diplomats to spy on the U.N.? What missile technology did North Korea give to Iran? — without unveiling in a wholesale manner the nuts and bolts of the diplomatic enterprise. We depend on those human conversations for the limited order we enjoy every day.

#113484 - 02 Dec 10 10:01 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

here's a conversion from FB, suitably "redacted":

Julian Assange is a ball and cock gobbler.

KJ Yeah I agree, he sucks
4 hours ago
o
AH or is he a hero for demonstrating just how fucked up and pointless governments are? Mind you I suppose you can be a hero and gobble ball and cock on the side. God knows how he finds time to rape anybody.
3 hours ago
o
RR One must always make time for a bit of rape and pillage!
3 hours ago
o
JJ He's no hero. He's a self-obsessed little shit who's reasons for releasing classified documents make no sense. He's done it for the recognition and nothing else, and what's more, he's directly put Afghans at risk who were named in certain documents. So much for his heart bleeding for the Afghan people.
2 hours ago
o
KJ I would say the ideals behind Wikileaks was great. However, when all you want to do is publish secrets with out redacting names, then you no longer deserve said recognition.
2 hours ago
o
AH personally I am more interested in seeing what comes out of the Jakarta embassy
2 hours ago
o
KJ Did you see that article I threw up on my page earlier about the Tea party wanting to bring back landed aristocracy?
2 hours ago
o
RMZ Guy has monster balls releasing all that information. Good thing their servers were shut down today. His bounty is out, huh?
2 hours ago
o
KKKC Assange iz da man!! kuku

i note the USAmerican media continues to report the leaks. but i guess that's different, isn't it?
about an hour ago
o
JJ
USAmerican media? No mention of the UK's Guardian? Nice try, but try again.

It's all about motive, KKKC. Assange is giving classified information to the media to form a name for himself claiming to be some crusader, while at the same time..., putting at great risk certian Afghans and Iraqis he claims to be fighting for. The man's a monomanical, solopsistic prick. What's more, the news media can actually hide behing the freedom of the press. Assange cannot. Assange is soon very likely to be 'da man' for a long time in a cozy US Federal prison.See more
about an hour ago
o
KKKC
i didn't say he wasn't an egomanic. wink but then, name a politician who isn't?

as to the hysteria about people's lives being lost, well, yes. i'm certain that peoples lives will be lost. that's life i guess. the lives lost will be nothing co...mpared to the US brokered war on iraq and other places.

and the US news media? are they somehow exempt from this hysteria? i think not! they are no better or worse than Assange for all their self-righteous chest thumping. free speech is not the preserve of news media organisations.See more
about an hour ago
o
AH where his ball and cock gobbling skills will come in handy?
about an hour ago
o
KKKC ‎@AH, i think he will be dead before he gets anywhere near the US. and unless he's kidnapped, i can't see any legal reason for a country to agree to his extradition to the US.
about an hour ago
o
KJ If you are going to argue about something I would suggest you avoid logical fallacies. If you suggest that American war policies are more harmful than what Assange has done then you are using either an appeal to authority or appeal to emotion and a genetic fallacy. All distract from the act of what he has done to those that provided intelligence to NATO forces.
about an hour ago
o
KKKC i hereby officially assert: American war policies are more harmful than what Assange has done.
about an hour ago
o
JJ
‎@ KKKC: Regarding the news media being exempt. Actually, they ARE exempt. Legal precedent exists from the Pentagon papers released to various newspapers. The Supreme Court ruled that this is actually news, and is hence protected when th...e press releases them as news. Assange is not the press, and he's not registered member of the press in any country. He is therefore not exempted from prosecution by way of press freedom.

Now, onto your comments regarding lives lost not being comparable to the lives lost due to the US brokered war in Iraq. Is his releasing of various classified documents going to (A) bring those lost lives back, or (B) reduce the number of lives that will unfortunately be lost in the future in Iraq? The answer is a resounding NO on both counts, and as such, your mentioning this particular is pointless and perhaps even obfuscation. It simply underscores that his reasons for releasing the so called 'War Diary' information on his website are nothing but a smokescreen. If the man cared so much about Iraqis and Afghans, he wouldn't be releasing documents which name those of them who cooperate with coalition troops, some of which by the way are from your native country.See more
55 minutes ago
o
KKKC
‎1) that's a very legalistic and possibly US-centric view of freedom of speech. i doubt it would be accepted in most democratic countries.

2) you either have freedom, or you don't. there's no halfway house. and the consequences of freedom ca...n sometimes be fatal. that's the price of freedom, i guess.

this whole issue is more about US govt diplomatic embarrassment than any issue relating to security.

ironically, thus far, i think the US state has come out this pretty well. their assessments of people and issues seem fair and accurate, and have reflected the need for the US to understand the diplomatic imperatives of other nations.See more
43 minutes ago
o
JJ
‎1) I hope you're not forgetting that many foreign governments are hopping mad at the moment, and not at US personnel abroad for fulfilling their duties by reporting real intelligence back to our lawmakers by way of cables, but at Assange ...for releasing them to the press which, again, have every legal right to publish them. Why do you think he did this? It wasn't an accident. As such, I don't really see many foreign governments having any problem with allowing the US to extradite him.

2) Ever heard the saying, "Your rights end where mine begin?" I disagree wholeheartedly. Where does absolute freedom stop? Can I knowingly release your name to enemies of yours who want you dead and then myself be free of any responsibility for your death when it comes about at your enemies' hands? Is that what freedom is? Frankly, I think that Assange is such a sociopathic and egotistical person that he truly didn't think of the consequences of what he is doing.

3) It is my very strong opinion that if the USG does not seek and prosecute Assange to the fullest extent, then we ourselves are setting a very dangerous precedent for others to release information they may come to possess in the future.See more
27 minutes ago
o
KKKC
‎1) there is no doubt that releasing the documents is extremely embarrassing to the US only because it's sources of information have been exposed. sources will now be far more reluctant to be frank and open with US officials. this is unfo...rtunate, but that's life. governments worldwide will have to get used to the idea of being accountable and transparent.

2) assange is an attention seeking egomaniac. this is not really an issue. if egomania was a crime, half the US population would be in gaol. wink does he care that people will die? i don't think so. but then, how many people in the West really care about the 250,000 iraqis who died in the Iraq II war? i know i don't. i know that i would have much preferred that they didn't die compeltely unneccessarily.

3) the US state must attempt to do *something* in order to salvage some credibiility and to assure its sources of information that they will not be revealed. that is the only imperative at the moment. the morality arguments are just side-shows.See more
15 minutes ago
o
JJ
‎1) I agree partially in that it is also unfortunate for Assange in that he is going to be dealing with some extremely negative repercussions, all of which I hope are very public and legal. As you said, that's life. I do not agree, howeve...r, that governments should be transparent. Simply put, some secrets should remain secrets. This is not just true for my government, but for yours and others as well.

2) *Correction*: If half of the US population were egomaniacs **who also illegally leaked classified government documents**, I think you meant to say. Egomania is not a crime, although it is decidedly unattractive.

3) I agree, and that something should be legal, public and as harsh as the law will allow.

#113494 - 02 Dec 10 16:10 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

julian assange is an open-source linux programer. here's the documentation of a little program he wrote a few years ago:

SURFRAW(1) SURFRAW(1)

NAME
surfraw - a fast unix command line interface to WWW services

SYNOPSIS
surfraw elviname [options] search words ...
sr elviname [options] search words ...
sr -elvi
sr bookmark

DESCRIPTION
Surfraw provides a fast unix command line interface to a variety of
popular WWW search engines and other artifacts of power. It reclaims
google, altavista, dejanews, freshmeat, research index, slashdot and
many others from the false‐prophet, pox‐infested heathen lands of html‐
forms, placing these wonders where they belong, deep in unix heartland,
as god loving extensions to the shell.

Surfraw consists of a collection of elvi, each of which knows how to
search a specific web site. To see the list of elvi type:

surfraw -elvi

Note that sr is an alias for surfraw, so that could equally be

sr -elvi

To search using an elvis use:

sr elviname [options] search terms..

For example, to search google for information on Debian ports, using
the "I'm feeling lucky" option:

sr google -l debian ports

Adding the elvi to your path
If you are a regular user of surfraw, you will probably get sick of
typing sr or surfraw each time. You can regain the old behaviour of
running the elvi directly by adding the elvi directory (‐
/usr/lib/surfraw) to your path, either manually or using
surfraw-update-path(1).

Bookmarks
Surfraw now supports bookmarks. To add a bookmark, add it to
/etc/surfraw.bookmarks or $HOME/.surfraw.bookmarks

The format of the bookmarks file is simple, each bookmark is on a sepa‐
rate line, with the bookmark and URL separated by whitespace, eg:

ntk http://www.ntk.net/

To invoke a bookmark, use "surfraw bookmark" or "sr bookmark", and if
an elvis of that name doesn't exist, it searches for a bookmark of that
name instead.

There are some example bookmarks in /etc/surfraw.bookmarks

OPTIONS
Use sr elviname -help for elvi‐specific options.

The following options work with all elvi.

-help Show summary of options (including elvi‐specific options).

-version
Show version of program.

-browser=EXECUTABLE
Set browser (default: sensible-browser).

-elvi Display a list of other Surfraw mechanisms for conquering evil.

-escape-url-args=yes|no
Apply url escaping to arguments (default: yes)

-q|-quote
Bracket all arguments with " characters (default: no). Note
that putting quotes round arguments works now, so you can do,
for example:

sr google foo "bar baz" bam

and the quoting is passed on to the search engine

-quiet=yes|no
I can't enjoy it with you talking all the time (default: no)

EXAMPLES
$ sr ask why is jeeves gay?
$ surfraw google -results=100 RMS, GNU, which is sinner, which is sin?
$ sr austlii -method=phrase dog like
$ /usr/lib/surfraw/rhyme -method=perfect Julian

CONFIGURATION
Surfraw gets its configuration from three sources, in order:

1. Environment variables

2. /etc/surfraw.conf

3. $HOME/.surfraw.conf

/etc/surfraw.conf and $HOME/.surfraw.conf are both fragments of bourne‐
shell style shell script.

/etc/surfraw.conf should use def and defyn to define variables. These
functions set variables unless they are already set by the environment.
defyn is used for boolean configuration variables, def for all others.
For instance:

def SURFRAW_text_browser /usr/bin/lynx
defyn SURFRAW_graphical no

$HOME/.surfraw.conf should use sh‐style entries, eg:

SURFRAW_text_browser=/usr/bin/lynx
SURFRAW_graphical=no

This is because you want them to override environment variables uncon‐
ditionally.

CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
SURFRAW_global_conf
Location of global configuration file.

Default:

def SURFRAW_global_conf /etc/surfraw.conf

SURFRAW_conf
Location of per‐user configuration file.

Default:

def SURFRAW_conf $HOME/.surfraw.conf

SURFRAW_graphical
Whether to use a graphical browser.

Default:

defyn SURFRAW_graphical no

SURFRAW_text_browser
Name/path of text browser executable. e.g. links, lynx, w3m

Default:

def SURFRAW_text_browser sensible-browser

SURFRAW_graphical_browser
Name/path of graphical browser executable. e.g mozilla,
netscape etc.

Default:

def SURFRAW_graphical_browser sensible-browser

SURFRAW_text_browser_args
Text browser arguments, or "none".

Default:

def SURFRAW_text_browser_args none

SURFRAW_graphical_browser_args
Graphical browser arguments, or "none".

Default:

def SURFRAW_graphical_browser_args none

SURFRAW_graphical_remote
Whether to use "-remote openURL" for graphical browser.

Default:

defyn SURFRAW_graphical_remote yes

SURFRAW_new_window
When using SURFRAW_graphical_remote, open a new window?

Default:

defyn SURFRAW_new_window no

SURFRAW_screen

Name of screen command to run.

Default:

def SURFRAW_screen screen

SURFRAW_new_screen
If surfraw is running under screen(1), start a new screen for
each text browser invocation?

Default:

defyn SURFRAW_new_screen no

SURFRAW_quiet
I can't enjoy it with you talking all the time.

Default:

defyn SURFRAW_quiet no

SURFRAW_quote_args
Whether to "quote" all the arguments.

Default:

defyn SURFRAW_quote_args no

SURFRAW_quote_ifs
Whether to re‐quote arguments if they have spaces in, ie so:
sr google foo "bar baz" bam
works as expected.

Default:

defyn SURFRAW_quote_ifs yes

SURFRAW_results
Default number of results to return (not supported by all elvi).

Default:

def SURFRAW_results 30

SURFRAW_escape_url_args
Whether to escape [% "$%&+,/:;<=>?@[{|}~'] characters in command
line arguments subsequently used to construct a url.

Default:

defyn SURFRAW_escape_url_args yes

FILES
/usr/lib/surfraw
Location of the elvi.

/etc/surfraw.conf
Default system wide configuration file.

$HOME/.surfraw.conf
Default per‐user config file

/etc/surfraw.bookmarks
System wide bookmarks file.

$HOME/.surfraw.bookmarks
Per‐user bookmarks file.

BUGS
Please report any bugs found (or any web sites in need of surfrawizing)
either via the debian bug tracking system (http://bugs.debian.org/) or
to the surfraw-devel list (surfraw-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org).

SEE ALSO
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/surfraw/

PROPAGANDA
Oh Baybe
I need some
Deep Linking
Let us go
Surfin' in the raw!

Read HACKING. Surfrawize the soul of your favourite internet wonder.
Join the Shell Users' Revolutionary Front Against the WWW by submitting
code. Reclaim heathen lands. Bear witness to the truth. Its love
will set you free.

Join us on surfraw-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org

AUTHORS
Originally written by Julian Assange.

Now maintained by the surfraw-devel team <‐
surfraw-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>.

See the file AUTHORS for the full list of contributors.

Man page by Ian Beckwith, based on the original README and an earlier
man page by Christian Surchi.

COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2003-2008 The Surfraw-Devel Team

Copyright (c) 2000-2001 Julian Assange
Copyright (c) 2001 Australian Institute for Collaborative Research
Copyright (c) 2000 Melbourne Institute for Advanced Study

The copyright holders listed above assert no rights on this release of
the software ``surfraw'' and thereby explicity place this release into
the into the public domain. Do what you will.

Feb 03, 2004 SURFRAW(1)

#113500 - 02 Dec 10 22:43 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
moosad Offline

.......and then mossad stepped in with a bagful of goodies....lifting the veil or dropping the pants depends on ones point of view. Unlike the poms & yanks the Aussies know their ass(ange) from their murd(doch) it seems.

#113508 - 04 Dec 10 09:43 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: moosad]
Pooh Bah

Indonesia creates team to study WikiLeaks cables

Communication and Information Technology Minister Tifatul Sembiring said his ministry had assigned a team to collect diplomatic documents leaked by whistleblowing website WikiLeaks related to Indonesia.

Tifatul said the results of the study would be submitted to the Coordinating Minister for Political, Legal and Security Affairs Djoko Suyanto.

“We are still in the preliminary document collection process. We need to explain to the public should we find [the documents] invalid,” Tifatul said.

Early on Sunday, the UK’s The Guardian reported WikiLeaks had provided advance copies of 251,287 documents, 3,059 of which came from the US Embassy in Jakarta and 167 from the US Consulate in Surabaya, East Java.

“We need to clarify and respond, for example, if some of the documents contain propaganda,” he said, as quoted by tempointeraktif.com.

Meanwhile, Foreign Minister Marty Natalegawa said the Indonesian government was cooperating with the US Embassy in Jakarta and the Indonesian Embassy in Washington to monitor the leaked documents.

"We are continuing to follow the updates to see whether or not [confidential information] was leaked relating to Indonesia,” he said.

Guardian.co.uk reported today that the US is being accused of opening up a dramatic new front against WikiLeaks, effectively “killing” the website just days after Amazon pulled the site from its servers following political pressure.

The website went offline for the third time in a week this morning – the biggest threat to its online presence yet.

Joe Lieberman, chairman of the US Senate’s committee on homeland security, earlier this week called for any organization helping to sustain WikiLeaks to “immediately terminate” its relationship with the site.

On Friday morning, WikiLeaks and its cache of secret diplomatic documents that have proved to be a scourge for governments around the world, was only accessible through a string of digits known as a DNS address. The site later reemerged with a Swiss domain, WikiLeaks.ch.

Julian Assange said today that the development is an example of the “privatization of state censorship” in the US and is a “serious problem.”

“These attacks will not stop our mission, but should be setting off alarm bells about the rule of law in the United States,” he said.

The California-based Internet provider that dropped WikiLeaks at 3 a.m. GMT on Friday (10 a.m. Jakarta time), Everydns, says it did so to prevent its other 500,000 customers from being affected by the intense cyber attacks targeted at WikiLeaks.

#113512 - 04 Dec 10 10:42 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

"The website went offline for the third time in a week this morning – the biggest threat to its online presence yet."
--------------------------------------------------

I guess another super geek named "th3j35t3r" crushed the wikileaks down! he wrote on his twitter:

th3j35t3r
www.wikileaks.org - TANGO DOWN - for attempting to endanger the lives of our troops, 'other assets' & foreign relations #wikileaks #fail
1:36 PM Nov 28th via web
www.wikileaks.org - TANGO DOWN - for attempting to endanger the lives of our troops, 'other assets' & foreign relations #wikileaks #fail #js
10:56 AM Nov 28th via web
If I was a wikileaks 'source' right now I'd be getting a little twitchy, if they cant protect their own site, how can they protect a src?

#113513 - 04 Dec 10 11:01 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

If I was a wikileaks 'source' right now I'd be getting a little twitchy, if they cant protect their own site, how can they protect a src?

they can't. their source, a US military officer, is already under arrest and has been for many months.

#113516 - 04 Dec 10 12:11 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu

they can't. their source, a US military officer, is already under arrest and has been for many months.

you mean bradley manning? i think she/he is done! dead meat.

#113518 - 04 Dec 10 12:23 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

ku, watch this video. so cool! put in full screen.

http://vimeo.com/17290325

Second video of XerXes DoS Attack from Infosec Island on Vimeo.

#113524 - 04 Dec 10 18:11 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

#113525 - 04 Dec 10 18:58 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Julian Assange is the bastard lovechild of Bill Maher and Colin Mochrie.

#113526 - 05 Dec 10 07:25 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Pooh Bah

Australia has abandoned me: Assange

As authorities close in on Julian Assange, the controversial Wikileaks founder has blasted Australia's response to the scandal, saying the Federal Government has thrown away his rights in an attempt to pander to US interests.

[well that's a first; the australian govt pandering to US interests. who would have thought? come on julian! you've been a supposed anarchist for 20 years and you've just figured that out?]

The 39-year-old Australian has embarrassed the US government and foreign leaders by leaking thousands of secret American diplomatic cables.

And Swedish authorities have issued a fresh arrest warrant over sex crime allegations against Mr Assange, who is believed to be hiding in Britain.

Mr Assange broke his silence in an online Q&A session for the Guardian newspaper, in which he questioned the motives of the Australian Government.

"I am an Australian citizen and I miss my country a great deal," he wrote.

[julian, if you miss australia, then there is something seriously wrong with you and your politics.]

"However, during the last weeks the Australian Prime Minister, Julia Gillard, and the Attorney General, Robert McClelland, have made it clear that not only is my return impossible but that they are actively working to assist the United States government in its attacks on myself and our people."

Prime Minister Julia Gillard has been heavily critical of Mr Assange, labelling him 'grossly irresponsible' and calling the leaks illegal.

[the leaks are "illegal"? that's interesting. what australian law would julia "narelle" gillard intend to use?]

The Attorney General, Robert McClelland, has asked the AFP to investigate whether Mr Assange has broken any laws in leaking the US diplomatic cables.

[oh! so they're still looking for a law! ok, i get it.]

In response, the Wikileaks head questioned the value of his citizenship, comparing his treatment to that of David Hicks.

"This brings into question what does it mean to be an Australian citizen - does that mean anything at all," he wrote.

[suck it in, julian. you're supposed to be an anarchist. you should know what to expect from nation states.]

"Or are we all to be treated like David Hicks at the first possible opportunity merely so that Australian politicians and diplomats can be invited to the best US embassy cocktail parties."

But Mr McClelland has stopped short of cancelling Mr Assange's passport, saying it would be counter-productive.

[not only counter-productive, but illegal. but illegality does not seem to impede the govts of australia, US, Sweden, the UK, etc]

The Attorney General says Australian authorities considered cancelling his passport but decided against it.

[in other words, the oz AG was told it would be illegal.]

"There has been some discussion as to whether it would be counter productive to remove the identification that would trigger the law enforcement processes," he said.

[what?! moron.]

Mr Assange's London-based lawyer Mark Stephens said he was not aware whether authorities in Britain had yet received the latest international arrest warrant, which was issued in relation to allegations of rape and sexual molestation.

However, Mr Stephens confirmed that any potential arrest of his client would take place by arrangement.

He added: "The last warrant took 10 days to come through, we know that it was incompetently filled out, so another one was sent on Friday.

"So I expect another 10 days, unless of course they are going to treat Julian Assange differently than anyone else."

Mr Assange has denied the allegations and hinted they could be part of a "smear campaign" designed to distract attention from the leaks.

Funding cut

While authorities zone in on Mr Assange, WikiLeaks faces a fresh threat to its survival after the online payment service PayPal cut off the account used for donations to the whistle-blowing website.

WikiLeaks is already fighting to stay on the Internet. It had to switch its domain to Switzerland because its original web address was shut down by a US provider, as it continues to release tens of thousands of classified US diplomatic cables.

The US-based PayPal, which is owned by auctions group eBay, announced overnight that it would stop taking donations for WikiLeaks thus blocking a key source of its income.

"PayPal has permanently restricted the account used by WikiLeaks due to a violation of the PayPal acceptable use policy, which states that our payment service cannot be used for any activities that encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to engage in illegal activity," it said in a statement.

WikiLeaks blamed "US government pressure" for the PayPal ban, in a message on its Twitter feed.

Meanwhile, some targets of the sometimes brutally frank US diplomats' assessments threw doubt on their credibility.

Afghan president Hamid Karzai said at least one of the incidents described in a cable which portrayed him as corrupt and weak could not have happened as described, while he dismissed others as an attempt by US officials to discredit him and his government.

In one cable, US diplomats said one of Mr Karzai's deputies had transported $SU52 million out of the country in suitcases, a claim Mr Karzai rejected.

US secretary of state Hillary Clinton said on Saturday she had contacted dozens of foreign leaders to smooth over any frictions and will continue to do so for "the next weeks".

"I haven't seen everybody in the world, and apparently there are 252,000 of these things out there in cyberspace somewhere," she said, noting that all of them had not yet been published.

"So I think I'll have some outreach to continue doing over the next weeks just to make sure that as things become public, if they raise concerns, I will be prepared to reach out and talk to my counterparts and heads of state and governments."

The release marked the third major publication of secret US files by WikiLeaks this year, after the site had published tens of thousands of US military files from the Afghanistan and Iraq conflicts.

WikiLeaks was forced to turn to Switzerland for a new domain name after its original wikileaks.org address was shut down by an American provider, while Paris tried to ban French servers from hosting it.

The Swiss domain - www.wikileaks.ch - was up and running again on Saturday after migrating to new servers, the group which owns the name said.

- ABC/AFP

#113539 - 05 Dec 10 10:58 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

massive cyber war has broken out with wikileaks.

DoS attacks are now targetting mirror sites. wikileaks.ch is now derouted, and hundreds of other mirror sites are being blugeoned.

so, if some of my websites go offline in the next few hours, you know what happened.

#113543 - 05 Dec 10 12:31 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

State Dept. Bars Staffers from WikiLeaks, Warns Students

The U.S. State Department has imposed an order barring employees from reading the leaked WikiLeaks cables. State Department staffers have been told not to read cables because they were classified and subject to security clearances. The State Department’s WikiLeaks censorship has even been extended to university students. An email to students at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs says: "The documents released during the past few months through Wikileaks are still considered classified documents. [The State Department] recommends that you DO NOT post links to these documents nor make comments on social media sites such as Facebook or through Twitter. Engaging in these activities would call into question your ability to deal with confidential information, which is part of most positions with the federal government."

#113544 - 05 Dec 10 12:43 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

#113546 - 05 Dec 10 12:59 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
fred Offline
Member*

Loc: here and there
Don't they realise this is the internet?

They have fuck all chance of stopping the leaks being publish all over the world.

@ the CIA/FBI/NSA/US government, "Stable door, horse, fucked off".

#113548 - 05 Dec 10 14:03 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: fred]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

lol....love vulgy's video & pics "awesome"
btw...Assange does resemble Maher & Mochrie, maybe they brothers.

#113549 - 05 Dec 10 14:19 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Have you read this? WikiLeaks Spokesman Daniel Domscheit-Berg Quits: He says that Wikileaks has become obsessed with a mano-a-mano war with the U.S. and can no longer handle the vast amount of secret information that other sources want published.

http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,719619,00.html

#113550 - 05 Dec 10 15:37 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

here's a new mirror site: http://wikileaks.jawawa.net/

#113560 - 06 Dec 10 14:05 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
v8dave Offline
Member*

Loc: Jakarta Selatan
Wonder how long before you get shutdown for this?

#113561 - 06 Dec 10 17:18 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: v8dave]
Pooh Bah

we shall see! The cyber attacks have dropped off dramatically. With hundreds of mirror sites around the world now i'd say they have given up.

#113564 - 07 Dec 10 01:46 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

#113577 - 07 Dec 10 22:24 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Assange has been arrested in the UK, was refused bail and will be remanded in custody until 14 December.

Oh dear, oh dear.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2010/dec/07/julian-assange-refused-bail-over-rape-allegations

#113578 - 08 Dec 10 00:48 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Quote:
5.30pm: With perfect timing an email arrives from Philip Crowley at the state department:

Quote:
The United States is pleased to announce that it will host Unesco's World Press Freedom Day event in 2011, from 1-3 May in Washington, DC.

Ironic? Read the next paragraph from the press release:

Quote:
The theme for next year's commemoration will be 21st Century Media: New Frontiers, New Barriers. The United States places technology and innovation at the forefront of its diplomatic and development efforts. New media has empowered citizens around the world to report on their circumstances, express opinions on world events, and exchange information in environments sometimes hostile to such exercises of individuals' right to freedom of expression. At the same time, we are concerned about the determination of some governments to censor and silence individuals, and to restrict the free flow of information. We mark events such as World Press Freedom Day in the context of our enduring commitment to support and expand press freedom and the free flow of information in this digital age.

Shameless. You really could not make it up.

#113579 - 08 Dec 10 01:20 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
moosad Offline

1) "Wikileaks: Brought to you by the CIA ....These guys nailed it back in July"

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/988.html

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_HPLHIBTtA&feature=player_embedded

Wikileaks founder Julian Assange has won an award from the “Economist” magazine, a financial publication controlled by the Rothschild banking family, and he has also featured on an “Economist” video clip, raising questions about conflicts of interest. Assange predicted a bank run could be triggered by bank data leaks but he does not mention that this would result in the robbery of millions of people because of the way the fractional reserve banking system works, and profit the banks.

Is a false flag bank run hyped by the banker’s media and carried out by a Rothschild operative being planned to rob millions and to implement emergency laws?

Julian Assange, the Wikileaks founder who plans to leak bank documents that will take down „one or two“ major banks according to Forbes, has won an award from the Economist, a magazine belonging to the Economist group, half of which is owned by the Financial times, a subsidiary of Pearson PLC. A group of independent shareholders, including many members of the staff and the Rothschild banking family of England.

Kurt Nimmo writes that the Economist is owned by members of the Rothschild banking family of England. It is run by the Economist Group, a known CIA front

http://www.infowars.com/rothschild-and-cia-publications-attack-constitution-worshipers/

Greek blogger Vicky Chrysou found that Assange won an Economist Censorship Index Award in 2008.

http://vickytoxotis.blogspot.com/2010/11/wikileaks-wikileaks.html

Assange’s close links to perhaps the world’s leading financial publication, which has consistently given misinformation about the eurozone and bank bailout, are underlined by a recent video interview he held with the Economist magazine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_HPLHIBTtA&feature=player_embedded

Assange has not only won awards from the Rothschild banking family’s financial publications; he also won an award from Amnesty International, which works closely with the UN, itself associated with the IMF, the World Bank profitting politically and financially from the gigantic national debts saddled on country’s by banks with the help of compliant politicians.

Assange’s latest Wikileaks have been hyped by the mainstream media around the world as a major diplomatc row and destablising factor in spite of the fact that they are largely trivial gossip and news items that are in alignment with the Globalist’s goals.

If Assange were a real activist, he would not be getting any coverage from the mainstream media, let alone so headlines every day in every well known corporate media outlet. The alleged hide and seek between Assange and the US government as well as Interpol is played out on the theatrical stage of the world’s media when it is well known the US government and Interpol can arrest anyone they want virtually any time they want given their immense resources.

The Economist and FT were also among the corporate media that consistently hyped the swine flu pandemic and the need for vaccines last April while blocking information about the incident where Baxter contaminated 72 kilos of seasonal flu vaccine with the bird flu virus in ist biosecurity level 3 labs — virtually ruling out an accident — and so nearly triggered a global bird flu pandemic.

This media group has also consistently given misinformation about the current financial crisis and how it is being engineered by the banks to rob people, using the fractional reserve banking system.

#113582 - 08 Dec 10 08:50 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: moosad]
Pooh Bah

so, you're telling us that julian's a wanker. what else is new? and is being a wanker a crime?

#113583 - 08 Dec 10 11:17 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

so, you're telling us that julian's a wanker. what else is new? and is being a wanker a crime?

yes, it's a crime against god! wanking is more dangerous than atheism. read your bible! god was so offended when onan (the second son of judah) spilled his seed upon the ground that god struck onan dead! It is true that onan wasn't wanking, but the point is that god hates it when men waste sperm, no matter what the reason. wanking is also what is known as a gateway sin. this means that wanking leads to more serious offense. in fact, practically all rapist, sodomites, child molesters and pornography addicts started out as wankers.

#113584 - 08 Dec 10 11:23 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

yes, it's a crime against god! wanking is more dangerous than atheism. read your bible! god was so offended when onan (the second son of judah) spilled his seed upon the ground that god struck onan dead! It is true that onan wasn't wanking, but the point is that god hates it when men waste sperm, no matter what the reason. wanking is also what is known as a gateway sin. this means that wanking leads to more serious offense. in fact, practically all rapist, sodomites, child molesters and pornography addicts started out as wankers.

you've totally convinced me, jum.

#113590 - 08 Dec 10 22:42 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
moosad Offline

His handlers now want to prove him to be an ass...now that his usefulness is over and has done what he was prepared for.

My 'Ass' List;

"Shah" of Iran
Saddam
Noriega
Pinochet
Ossama,
Colin Powell
Condi Rice
Obama
Assange

#113595 - 09 Dec 10 06:59 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: moosad]
Pooh Bah

that's an odd ass list. no ideological consistency! mainly people who have got some bad press in the US/West at some time or another.

#113598 - 09 Dec 10 10:49 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Loc: Blok M
Fuck me. It's the Pentagon Papers all over again. Republican politicians calling for Juli-boy's execution for endangering US lives (some evidence would be nice here, even the Pentagon has said that's bullshit and apparently facts were withheld by WL that would have compromised the informant/secrets loop, as they were with the Pentagon Papers). It's just the crushing irony of Republicans accusing others of endangering US lives, sheesh. None of the leaks have been amazingly surprising but that's missing the point, they make a matter of public record what people could only previously infer: namely their governments' utter contempt for democracy (seen most clearly in the Saudi/Iran/US cables: if you go by what the Arab populations think, and not their elite dictators, 80% of them regard the US and Israel as the biggest threat to regional security, but that never enters the equation). National security? Terrorism has increased 7 fold since the start of these wars, and for pretty obvious reasons. Decent stories still slip through the media net occasionally though:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...ma-2034065.html

No other media outlet took this story and its infinitely more shocking than the leaks. Should be front page news every day for a fuckin' year. You want to buy the paternalistic, authoritarian line Jum Jams? Then good luck to you. It's the public's money and lives that are being spent by their governments and just maybe they have the right to know how these decisions are made. Contrary to popular belief, what you don't know can actually kill you.

#113599 - 09 Dec 10 10:53 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

OK I've calmed down now. Time for a wank.

#113600 - 09 Dec 10 10:55 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

wank

#113601 - 09 Dec 10 11:17 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Om Pong
wank

is that a WikiWank?

i note that The Independent's article had no relation to anything from wikileaks. maybe that's why everyone's ignoring it.

#113602 - 09 Dec 10 11:20 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

I think there may be other reasons why this story isn't being widely disseminated snigger in the media. Namely the fact the media aren't free to print what they want.

#113603 - 09 Dec 10 11:24 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

So basically the US has micro nuclear weapons and uses them, in violation of pretty much any treaty you care to mention that it's a signatory to. Bunkers don't bust themselves though...

#113613 - 10 Dec 10 02:02 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
moosad Offline

Most of us have been made to feel/look like a jackass at least once in our life but it seems that how big an ass that one is proven to be is directly proportional to ones ego (hope this is not plagiarized this from Freud).

Ass list: No ideological bias here, perfectly correct in the political sense. Feel free to add to it;

Further Ass List of personalities:
Gorbachov
Yeltsin
Kevin Rudd?

Ass List of personalities who have been caught wanking:
Assange??

Ass List of countries:
Iceland
Ireland
Greece
Spain??

#113625 - 10 Dec 10 13:49 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: moosad]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Surely Indonesia is the arsehole of the world. (And I'm just passing through).

#113628 - 10 Dec 10 14:31 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

:arf:

Edited by Vulgarian (10 Dec 10 14:32)
Edit Reason: No :arf:? Bit of an oversight there.

#113629 - 10 Dec 10 14:44 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Fuck me. It's the Pentagon Papers all over again. Republican politicians calling for Juli-boy's execution for endangering US lives (some evidence would be nice here, even the Pentagon has said that's bullshit and apparently facts were withheld by WL that would have compromised the informant/secrets loop, as they were with the Pentagon Papers). It's just the crushing irony of Republicans accusing others of endangering US lives, sheesh. None of the leaks have been amazingly surprising but that's missing the point, they make a matter of public record what people could only previously infer: namely their governments' utter contempt for democracy (seen most clearly in the Saudi/Iran/US cables: if you go by what the Arab populations think, and not their elite dictators, 80% of them regard the US and Israel as the biggest threat to regional security, but that never enters the equation). National security? Terrorism has increased 7 fold since the start of these wars, and for pretty obvious reasons.

awww..om you're so cute when you get angry! indeed you need some wanking.

the argument that your "maverick-boy" endangering people is bullshit. well, i hope we all live to see the end of terrorist as we know it today, but honestly, do the leaks put forth by wikileaks HELP or HURT that goal? answer YES or NO.

i fully support wikileaks's work if not its crazier utopian-anarchist mission. i applaud anything that provide greater insight into what govts are doing in our names especially when what in said in private is different from the public. but given up names of collaborators, spies, position points however, puts lives at risk and only causes more damage than good.

Decent stories still slip through the media net occasionally though:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...ma-2034065.html

No other media outlet took this story and its infinitely more shocking than the leaks. Should be front page news every day for a fuckin' year. You want to buy the paternalistic, authoritarian line Jum Jams? Then good luck to you. It's the public's money and lives that are being spent by their governments and just maybe they have the right to know how these decisions are made. Contrary to popular belief, what you don't know can actually kill you.

no one is denying that W.Bush is evil, but on Iraq war there were, at least 39 other countries involved in Iraq; who are the Bush's allies? who are the Bush's main allies? definitely not Indonesia though you said is the biggest arsehole in the world.

I believe Sadam also used WMD to kill his own people in 1987 during bombardment of Halabja, a small town on Iraq's northeastern border with Iran in which up to 5000 kurdis civilians, mostly women and children died a painful.

#113632 - 10 Dec 10 15:12 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

i'm probably the only liberal woman who is not smitten with Mr.Assange's charms and his sexiness, and jumping on the "I am Julian Assange" bandwagon. to me ( i know i'm going to be attacked again for saying this) he is rather annoying self-centered anarchist, fame whore, opportunist freak who thought he was man enough to play the big game. he resists dumping the whole file at once, despite the maniacal threats. if it is all released at once, there will be a week of uproar and then people will move on. he wants to dribble it out so he can stay in the spotlight. the funny thing is the wiki prince gets arrested on sexual assault chargers and it's a threat to free speech. he's making lots of money from donations and comforted by gorgeous wealthy Jemima Khan, but that isn't always to be so for the guy who sent the stuff, he's facing 50 yrs in jail and no one cares. no one is shouting "I am Bradlley Manning." oh I forgot he's an american!

#113633 - 10 Dec 10 16:19 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

The people discomfited by these leaks are people who deserve to be discomfited. Truth helps the people against rapacious elites – everywhere. Jum-jams is a classic case of hegemonized mind and the media has clearly succeeded in its societal task of propagandising her and inculcating the usual historical amnesia. Go back to sleep America, your government's looking after you, and hey, watch TV and drink beer and get fat and stupid. Here's Tom with the weather...

3,000,000 Vietnamese murdered over the course of about 30 years of US aggression.

• Well over 300,000 Japanese were massacred when the US raided Tokyo and dropped nuclear bombs on the urban civilian areas of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

• 600,000 civilians were killed in Cambodia by US bombing between 1969 and 1975.

• Over 500,000 people were killed in Laos when America subjected civilians to "secret bombing" from 1964 to 1973, dropping over two million tons of bombs on the country. Over one fourth of the population also became refugees.

• 100,000 people were murdered in South Korea prior to the Korean War by a brutal repression supported by US forces in 1945. This includes between 30,000 and 40,000 killed during the suppression of a peasant revolt on Cheju Island.

• Up to 4,500,000 Koreans were killed from 1951 to 1953 during America’s massive slaughter in the Korean War.

• 200,000 were murdered when the Philippines were conquered by American forces. (This took place just over 100 years ago.)

• 23,000 people were slaughtered in Taiwan by US-backed, trained, equipped, and funded forces (Chiang’s Nationalist Army) during the late 1940s.

• 700,000 Indonesians (mostly landless peasants) were murdered in 1965 when the US armed and supported General Suharto.

• 200,000 were slaughtered in East Timor in 1975 by General Suharto with US support.

• 750,000 civilians were driven from their homes in East Timor by Indonesian forces in 1999 and 10,000 were killed.

• Over 1,700,000 Iraqis have been killed by US bombings and sanctions, mostly women and children.

• Over 1,000,000 lives were lost during the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980s in which the US used direct force and supported Hussein and Iraq.

• 35,000 Kurds were killed, 3,500 villages were destroyed, and between 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 became homeless as a result of aggression by Turkey with US arming and training in the 1990s.

• Over 1,000,000 people were killed in Afghanistan’s civil war from 1979 to 1992, in which the US strongly supported the Moujahedeen, the most violent and sadistic of the forces. (This also set the stage for the CIA-backed Taliban to attain power.)

• 45,000 people were killed in South Lebanon since 1982 by Israel, always armed and supported by the US

• Thousands have been killed in Palestine and millions (in both Palestine and Lebanon) were made refugees by US-backed Israel.

• Over 150,000 were killed in Greece when America advised, equipped, and financed violent interventions in the late 1940s and late 1960s.

• Over 75,000 civilians were killed and over one million refugees were created in El Salvador from 1980 to 1994 when the US intensely supported the efforts of a brutal regime and its death squads to eliminate a popular uprising.

• 40,000 civilians were killed by the US-backed National Guard in Nicaragua over the course of almost 50 years.

• 30,000 lives were killed by the US contras in Nicaragua from 1979 to 1989.

• 200,000 Guatemalans were slaughtered from 1960-1990s by a military apparatus trained, armed, funded, and assisted by America.

• Over 35,000 Colombian civilians have been killed during the US-supported Colombian war against left-wing rebels.

• More than 4,000 innocent civilians were killed in Panama during the US invasion in 1989.

• Hundreds of thousands were killed by US direct and indirect interventions in Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Peru, and Argentina from the mid 60s through the 80s.

• 50,000 Haitians were killed when the US military destroyed a peasant uprising in 1915.

• Between 4,000 and 5,000 Haitians were killed in the early 1990s by US-established forces.

• Thousands were killed in the Dominican Republic during the 1960s when US and Dominican troops crushed a pro-Bosch rebellion.

• Over 3,000 were killed and countless others injured by US interventions in Cuba.

• Hundreds were killed or injured when the US invaded Grenada in 1983.

• Over 50,000 Somalians were killed between 1978 and 1990 by US-supported Siad Barre.

• Up to 10,000 more Somalians were killed directly by US troops during America’s "humanitarian mission" in 1993.

• In the US-supported Rwandan genocide, an estimated 800,000 people were killed in just 100 days in 1994.

• Over 300,000 were killed and 80,000 were crippled in Angola from a US-supported civil war.

• Tens of thousands were killed and up to 200,000 were tortured in Chad by Hissen Habre with US support during the 1980’s.

• Over 1,000,000 were killed during Mozambique’s civil war (1980-1992), in which the brutally violent RENAMO forces were supported by the US

• 1,500,000 were killed between 1980 and 1988 in southern Africa by the US-armed South Africa.

• Thousands of people in Pacific islands, Puerto Rico, Utah, California, Nevada, Washington, New Mexico, and various other places have been killed, infected, or harmed as a result of US weapon experiments (especially nuclear weapons and weapons using depleted uranium).

• Hundreds of civil rights activists have been beaten, tortured, framed, and killed in the US by government agencies in recent history.

• Hundreds of Black Panther supporters and American Indians were framed, beaten, or murdered by the FBI and its cohorts in the late 60’s and early 70’s.

• Over 1,200 immigrants and citizens in America (mostly of Arab decent) were detained after September 11, 2001, without evidence of law-breaking or terrorist activity.

• Thousands have been killed during America’s recent "War on Terror."

• Over 2,500 US soldiers and over 40,000 Iraqi civilians have perished since George W’s recent invasion of Iraq.

#113637 - 10 Dec 10 16:32 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Pooh Bah

that's just your opinion.

#113638 - 10 Dec 10 16:37 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Let's all just smoke a peas pipe ay? ganja

#113642 - 10 Dec 10 18:42 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

#113647 - 10 Dec 10 23:38 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Isn't google amazing?

And the second highest result.

If those are too small to view, try these direct image links:

http://i.imgur.com/PDnns.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qJgBd.jpg

#113651 - 11 Dec 10 03:00 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

The people discomfited by these leaks are people who deserve to be discomfited. Truth helps the people against rapacious elites – everywhere. Jum-jams is a classic case of hegemonized mind and the media has clearly succeeded in its societal task of propagandising her and inculcating the usual historical amnesia. Go back to sleep America, your government's looking after you, and hey, watch TV and drink beer and get fat and stupid. Here's Tom with the weather..

om, you didn't answer my question instead you're rumbling about nonsense. you must referring all the nonsenses to yourself, your conscience has clearly been twisted by your blind devotion to your idealized mental image of a man whom you have never met and most likely never will. oh.. your juli-boy just posted his accusers Ardin & Willen's photo, complete address and phone number. that's pretty SICK!

#113652 - 11 Dec 10 07:25 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

The people discomfited by these leaks are people who deserve to be discomfited. Truth helps the people against rapacious elites – everywhere. Jum-jams is a classic case of hegemonized mind and the media has clearly succeeded in its societal task of propagandising her and inculcating the usual historical amnesia. Go back to sleep America, your government's looking after you, and hey, watch TV and drink beer and get fat and stupid. Here's Tom with the weather..

om, you didn't answer my question instead you're rumbling about nonsense. you must referring all the nonsenses to yourself, your conscience has clearly been twisted by your blind devotion to your idealized mental image of a man whom you have never met and most likely never will. oh.. your juli-boy just posted his accusers Ardin & Willen's photo, complete address and phone number. that's pretty SICK!

@jum:

being falsely accused of "rape" is far worse than having your picture revealed on the net! if these gals weren't ready for some political rough stuff, then they should never have got themselves involved in this disgraceful setup.

i don't think anyone posting so far here has any delusions about julian. we all know he's an asshole. that's not really up for debate.

btw, nice to see you getting het up about important things! smile nonetheless, you're completely wrong! smile

#113653 - 11 Dec 10 07:36 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

Daytime telly: Assange is forced to spend his days watching shows such as Loose Women

enough, enough, already! this is cruel and unusual punishment! waterboard him, for mercy's sake!

#113655 - 11 Dec 10 08:32 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Who are they?

#113657 - 11 Dec 10 08:34 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Pooh Bah

they are apparently Loose Women, from UK day time television. sounds positively poisonous. poor Julian.

#113669 - 12 Dec 10 06:30 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

@jum:

being falsely accused of "rape" is far worse than having your picture revealed on the net! if these gals weren't ready for some political rough stuff, then they should never have got themselves involved in this disgraceful setup.

i don't think anyone posting so far here has any delusions about julian. we all know he's an asshole. that's not really up for debate.

btw, nice to see you getting het up about important things! smile nonetheless, you're completely wrong! smile

God!! seriously ku? “Setup?” the US hasn’t charge Assange for anything.

Seriously, you sounded like that guy from Aceh, Ramli Mansur says: “when women don’t dress according to Shariah law, they’re asking to get raped. It’s a fact that men go wild when they see a woman’s boobs and thighs. It arouses them.”

Mannnn...this is the reason why rape is so underreported in this world, especially in my beloved country Indonesia. You don’t know that the rape didn’t occur. If the rapes did occur, you would be telling these women that they should build a bridge and get over it because they shouldn’t ruin Assange’s life. even if it’s true the women were lying, it is totally wrong for you and other Assange’s supporters dragging these women through the mud. No one but Assange and these two women know. Yes, it’s suspect I grant you, if as the charges said he used his weight to hold one of them down to have sex, or as another charge said he had sex with the other while she was asleep, that’s pretty clearly rape. not using a condom when sex with a condom had been consented to is also rape. consent can be revoked, just because a woman consents initially doesn’t mean it can’t be withdrawn. If he kept going after he was asked to stop, that’s fucking rape! It’s a CRIME in Sweden.

I don’t hate Assange, and I do not wish bad thing happens to him and his family! I’m glad he has no home. the media, the assholes should leave his family alone! I just wish he stops being a fool! I’m still hoping for a peaceful resolution, you know, with nobody getting hurt. Pie in the sky, and all that! perhaps the Swedish gov should lock the women up too, for their own safety. then they could serve time with Assange, like one big happy family.

#113671 - 12 Dec 10 08:15 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
fred Offline
Member*

The us didn't kidnap an innocent German greengrocer and torture him because his name was similar to a terrorist either (Yer)

Course it's US inspired. They can't stop him so they need to discredit him with "Rape" charges.
You have to remember the first investigation into the "sex crimes" was tossed out by prosecutors in less than 24 hours, then the leaks....

#113678 - 12 Dec 10 08:47 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: fred]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: fred
Course it's US inspired. They can't stop him so they need to discredit him with "Rape" charges.
You have to remember the first investigation into the "sex crimes" was tossed out by prosecutors in less than 24 hours, then the leaks....

an amazing coincidence. sweden has a history of "rendition" (kidnap), thus could be relied upon to ship julian off to guantanamo once the sex charges are either dropped or lost in court.

#113679 - 12 Dec 10 10:44 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Yep, progressive Scandinavia has been gettin' 'em aisle seats too:

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2006/11/09/sweden-violated-torture-ban-cia-rendition

Jesus Jum-Jams how naive are you fer cryin' out loud? There are wider issues at stake here than Swedish fanny.

"...just because a woman consents initially doesn’t mean it can’t be withdrawn."

Well it probably should be withdrawn in those circumstances. Honestly though, if a woman says no, she means no. But if she tells me she's over 16, then it's my call. Where's the justice?

#113681 - 12 Dec 10 11:15 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

"Plenty of women are attracted by his underdog status and the supposed danger of spending time with him. He has several women on the go at once. One person told me he screws more often than he eats,'' Linderborg said.

#113683 - 12 Dec 10 11:24 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Pooh Bah

"One person told me he screws more often than he eats,'' Linderborg said.

s/he says that like it was a bad thing.

#113684 - 12 Dec 10 11:28 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Not if you're Chewwy.

#113686 - 12 Dec 10 22:03 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
moosad Offline

sadly, looks like behind the scenes backers of Assange may have felt that he has got out of control and therefore needs to be removed. the backers certainly are not the chinese. may we live in interesting times.

#113687 - 12 Dec 10 22:06 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: moosad]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they require an intelligent puppet master. If the leaks show anything, it's that everyone's winging it.

#113693 - 13 Dec 10 02:21 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Jesus Jum-Jams how naive are you fer cryin' out loud? There are wider issues at stake here than Swedish fanny.

lol...yet you're still continue commenting. btw, swedish fannies are apparently hot hot heat for mr.assange!
"...just because a woman consents initially doesn’t mean it can’t be withdrawn."
Well it probably should be withdrawn in those circumstances. Honestly though, if a woman says no, she means no. But if she tells me she's over 16, then it's my call. Where's the justice?

if i were to be a guy, the moment I hear a woman say "no" to my advances, I will swallow my pride and let go, and if it so happen that she was only pretending, then hey..that will be her lose!

ok om pong-pong! i'm off for snowboarding up north, so you wont be seeing me crying for at least a week, "cool?"

#113694 - 13 Dec 10 07:07 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

lol...yet you're still continue commenting. btw, swedish fannies are apparently hot hot heat for mr.assange!

i've never had any swedish fanny. anyone here with any first hand accounts? (i'm trying to stay on-topic here).

#113696 - 13 Dec 10 09:17 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they require an intelligent puppet master. If the leaks show anything, it's that everyone's winging it.

Exactly, the old conspiracy shtick. 9/11, Elders of Zion, Building 7, etc. etc. blah blah. The idea that there are people really in charge with a complete master plan and overview of this chaotic planet is what these leaks shatter definitively. Russia has proposed Lasagne for a Nobel Peace Prize after being initially furious because the US is the biggest loser here. Not a conspiracy though I think. See the trees in the woods folks...this is about the lumbering security apparatus of the antiquated nation states finally biting the hard reality of the new information age and its paradigm of exponential growth and globally distributed knowledge. It's a huge fuck up, as per fucking usual in other words. Bush created these huge repositories of cables, and we know what a fuck up he was. "Mission accomplished." Yeah right.

#113708 - 13 Dec 10 15:26 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
moosad Offline

possibly the assange wikileaks saga is to distract the real issues currently faced by US/Europe - the financial disaster. Real effects of which will only be known in 5 years time IMHO.

Conspiracy theories are theories. If one works in certain industries and in certain parts onf the world, real life events are worse than current theories.

#113709 - 13 Dec 10 15:31 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: moosad]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Well yes, it's not a conspiracy if people actually tell you they're running your life and set clearly defined boundaries of enforced ignorance. That's just an institutional analysis. As for the disaster, I think the real effects are known right now, by those bearing the brunt of them at least.

#113737 - 14 Dec 10 23:38 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Assange granted bail with conditions:

• Surety of £240,000, according to BBC News
• Curfew from 10am-2pm and 10pm-2am
• Assange must report to the police station at 6pm every day

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/blog/2010/dec/14/wikileaks-julian-assange-court-appeal-live-updates

#113738 - 15 Dec 10 09:03 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Pooh Bah

but alas, the skulduggery continues, with the swedish pumpkins appealing, saying he's a "flight risk". to where, exactly, will he run?? the world is waaaaaayyyyyyyy too small for someone with a (now) high profile.

#113747 - 15 Dec 10 11:38 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

jum, here's a hottie for you:

#113748 - 15 Dec 10 13:22 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

phwoooarrrrrr.

#113749 - 15 Dec 10 13:29 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

I'll make his wiki leak.

#113754 - 15 Dec 10 22:37 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

jum, here's a hottie for you

I'll make his wiki leak.

#113768 - 16 Dec 10 22:50 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

A summary of the Assange arrest in comic form.

#113820 - 24 Dec 10 02:12 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

How would you respond, JumJum?

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Edited by Vulgarian (24 Dec 10 02:15)

#113821 - 24 Dec 10 06:06 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Pooh Bah

jumjum can't talk at the moment. my d.... she's on a 2 week skiing holiday with her boyfriend. the BITCH.

#113824 - 26 Dec 10 05:45 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

How would you respond, JumJum?

my last respond: Julian boy is no different than Sarah Palin & Mike Huckabee! they all of them are crazy! the Julian boy is becoming a paranoiac freak! and i'm getting sick and tired of his mumbling, waving and posing on tv like a movie star. Dude needs to go to Sweden and face the women in court instead of acting cowardly trashing them on tv. it makes him look a schmuck himself.

Kuku: I don't ski, but snowboarding with my husband. he was my ex bf.

Merry Christmas!!

#113825 - 26 Dec 10 08:09 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

Kuku: I don't ski, but snowboarding with my husband. he was my ex bf.

you're MARRIED?! since when? why wasn't i told? cry why couldn't you wait for me?! you PROMISED! cry

#113868 - 30 Dec 10 17:41 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Haikuleaks automatically searches for haiku structures in the Wikileaks cables and outputs them as poetry.

http://haikuleaks.tetalab.org/

Some are quite moving.

Whether such tactics
will have a chilling effect
remains to be seen.

#113916 - 04 Jan 11 02:40 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
moosad Offline

#113919 - 04 Jan 11 08:00 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: moosad]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: moosad
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2011/01/03/wayne-madsen-sweden-co-opted-by-ciapentagon-to-launder-wikileaks-cables/

interesting. but unconvincing.

#115044 - 25 Feb 11 23:04 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

#115085 - 03 Mar 11 00:09 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

http://www.opendemocracy.net/ryan-gallagher/what-has-wikileaks-ever-taught-us-read-on

"What has Wikileaks ever taught us?" ... Read on ...

How often have we been told in world-weary tones that Wikileaks has revealed nothing new - especially by those who want to appear to be in the know? Here is an aide-mémoire of a few of the highest profile revelations.

Since 2006, the whistleblowers' website WikiLeaks has published a mass of information we would otherwise not have known. The leaks have exposed dubious procedures at Guantanamo Bay and detailed meticulously the Iraq War's unprecedented civilian death-toll. They have highlighted the dumping of toxic waste in Africa as well as revealed America's clandestine military actions in Yemen and Pakistan.

The sheer scope and significance of the revelations is shocking. Among them are great abuses of power, corruption, lies and war crimes. Yet there are still some who insist WikiLeaks has "told us nothing new". This collection, sourced from a range of publications across the web, illustrates nothing could be further from the truth. Here, if there is still a grain of doubt in your mind, is just some of what WikiLeaks has told us:

* American planes bombed a village in Southern Yemen in December 2009, killing 14 women and 21 children (see Amnesty)
* The Secretary of State's office encouraged US diplomats at the United Nations to spy on their counterparts by collecting biographic & biometric information (see Wired.com)
* The Obama administration worked with Republicans to protect Bush administration officials facing a criminal investigation into torture (see Mother Jones)
* A US Army helicopter gunned down two Reuters journalists in Baghdad in 2007 (see Reuters)
* US authorities failed to investigate hundreds of reports of abuse, torture, rape and even murder by Iraqi police and soldiers (see the Guardian)
* In Iraq there were scores of claims of prison abuse by coalition forces even after the Abu Ghraib scandal (see the Bureau of Investigative Journalism)
* Afghan President Hamid Karzai freed suspected drug dealers because of their political connections (see CBS News)
* Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu expressed support for the concept of “land swaps” (see Yahoo News)
* The United States was secretly given permission from Yemen's president to attack the Al-Qaeda group in his country (see the Guardian)
* Then-Secretary of Defence Donald Rumsfeld and his top commanders repeatedly knowingly lied to the American public about rising sectarian violence in Iraq beginning in 2006 (see the Daily Beast)
* The US was shipping arms to Saudi Arabia for use in northern Yemen even as it denied any role in the conflict (see Salon.com)
* Saudi Arabia is one of the largest origin points for funds supporting international terrorism
* A storage facility housing Yemen's radioactive material was unsecured for up to a week (see Bloomberg)
* Israel destroyed a Syrian nuclear reactor in 2007, fearing it was built to make a bomb (see the Sunday Times)
* Top officials in several Arab countries have close links with the CIA (see the Peninsula)
* Swiss company Trafigura Beheer BV dumped toxic waste at the Ivorian port of Abidjan, then attempted to silence the press from revealing it by obtaining a gagging order (see WikiLeaks)
* Pakistan's government has allowed members of its spy network to hold strategy sessions on combating American troops with members of the Taliban (see the New York Times)
* A stash of highly enriched uranium capable of providing enough material for multiple "dirty bombs" has been waiting in Pakistan for removal by an American team for more than three years (see CBS News)
* US military Special Operations Forces have been conducting offensive operations inside Pakistan, despite repeated denials from US officials (see the Nation)
* China was behind the online attack on Google (see ZDNet)
* North Korea is secretly helping the military dictatorship in Myanmar build nuclear and missile sites in its jungles (see CBS News)
* The Indian government "condones torture" and systematically abused detainees in the disputed region of Kashmir (see CBS News)
* The British government has been training a Bangladeshi paramilitary force condemned by human rights organisations as a "government death squad" (see the Guardian)
* BP suffered a blowout after a gas leak in the Caucasus country of Azerbaijan in September 2008, a year and a half before another BP blowout killed 11 workers (see the Guardian)
* Saudi Arabia's rulers have deep distrust for some fellow Muslim countries, especially Pakistan and Iran (see CBS News)
* Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah repeatedly urged the United States to attack Iran (see the Guardian)
* Iranian Red Crescent ambulances were used to smuggle weapons to Lebanon's militant Hezbollah group during its 2006 war with Israel (see CBS News)
* Dozens of US tactical nuclear weapons are in Germany, the Netherlands and Belgium (see Jerusalem Post)
* The Libyan government promised "enormous repercussions" for the UK if the release of Abdel Baset al-Megrahi, the Lockerbie bomber, was not handled properly (see CBS News)
* Pope Benedict impeded an investigation into alleged child sex abuse within the Catholic Church (see MSNBC)
* Sinn Fein leaders Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness carried out negotiations for the Good Friday agreement with Irish then-prime minister Bertie Ahern while the two had knowledge of a bank robbery the Irish Republican Army was planning to carry out (see CBS News)
* Anglo-Dutch oil giant Royal Dutch Shell PLC has infiltrated the highest levels of government in Nigeria (see the Guardian)
* A US official was told by Mexican President Felipe Calderon that Latin America "needs a visible US presence" to counter Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez's growing influence in the region (see Yahoo News)
* Cuba's economic situation could become "fatal" within two to three years (see Business Week)
* McDonald's tried to delay the US government's implementation of a free-trade agreement in order to put pressure on El Salvador to appoint neutral judges in a $24m lawsuit it was fighting in the country (see the Guardian)
* British officials made a deal with the US to allow the country to keep cluster bombs in the UK despite the ban on the munitions signed by Gordon Brown (see Politics.co.uk)
* The British government promised to protect America's interests during the Chilcot inquiry into the Iraq war (see the Guardian)
* The US government was acting on behalf of GM crop firm Monsanto in 2008, when the US embassy in Paris advised Washington to start a military-style trade war against any European Union country which opposed genetically modified (GM) crops (see the Guardian)
* Pfitzer tested anti-biotics on Nigerian children, contravening national and international standards on medical ethics (see Medical News Today)
* Prisoners at Camp Delta (Guantanamo Bay) were denied access to the Red Cross for up to four weeks (see the Telegraph)
* More than 66,000 civilians suffered “violent deaths” in Iraq between 2004 and the end of 2009 (see the Telegraph)
* Russia is a “virtual mafia state” with rampant corruption and scant separation between the activities of the government and organised crime (see the Guardian)
* The Obama administration tried to “sweet-talk” other countries in to taking Guantanamo detainees, as part of its (as yet unsuccessful) effort to close the prison (see the New York Times)

#115104 - 04 Mar 11 08:47 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
linnaen Offline
Member++

Loc: Qld, Australia
Ahh, doesn't that just make you feel warm and fuzzy?

#115113 - 04 Mar 11 17:21 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: linnaen]
fred Offline
Member*

Bunch of bastards really.Ho hum, that's the world.

#115116 - 04 Mar 11 18:54 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: fred]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jak
Sometimes I feel like someone has pushed the fast-forward button on life and it is hard to keep up. The joys of having our noses stuck in the world's dirty laundry I guess. Welcome to Starworld Earth.

#115179 - 08 Mar 11 15:21 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Marmalade]
Kitty Offline
Member+++

Loc: Surabaya
me can't wait to see the movie Wikileaks: Inside Julian Assange's War On Secrecy with Matt Damon as the star wink

#115200 - 08 Mar 11 23:26 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Kitty]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Well, there's your alternative strategy outlined, Marmz. Ignore it till Hollywood can package it in reductive terms so that you won't have to think too hard at all.

#115250 - 11 Mar 11 15:43 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
moosad Offline

Discussing wikileaks...its packaged news from the same group which has been brainwashing non-thinking people in the west.

Criminal activity by bush, blair, thatcher, reagan, etc (there are many) are all out in the open and wikileaks are just peddling small potatoes.

Don't be cowards..go after the real criminals and murderers and not just pick on minions...saying SBY did this, Bashir did that..etc. is eyewash and just pathetic.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop