Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113625 - 10 Dec 10 13:49 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: moosad]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Loc: Blok M
Surely Indonesia is the arsehole of the world. (And I'm just passing through).

#113628 - 10 Dec 10 14:31 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
:arf:

Edited by Vulgarian (10 Dec 10 14:32)
Edit Reason: No :arf:? Bit of an oversight there.

#113629 - 10 Dec 10 14:44 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Quoting: Om Pong
Fuck me. It's the Pentagon Papers all over again. Republican politicians calling for Juli-boy's execution for endangering US lives (some evidence would be nice here, even the Pentagon has said that's bullshit and apparently facts were withheld by WL that would have compromised the informant/secrets loop, as they were with the Pentagon Papers). It's just the crushing irony of Republicans accusing others of endangering US lives, sheesh. None of the leaks have been amazingly surprising but that's missing the point, they make a matter of public record what people could only previously infer: namely their governments' utter contempt for democracy (seen most clearly in the Saudi/Iran/US cables: if you go by what the Arab populations think, and not their elite dictators, 80% of them regard the US and Israel as the biggest threat to regional security, but that never enters the equation). National security? Terrorism has increased 7 fold since the start of these wars, and for pretty obvious reasons.

awww..om you're so cute when you get angry! indeed you need some wanking.

the argument that your "maverick-boy" endangering people is bullshit. well, i hope we all live to see the end of terrorist as we know it today, but honestly, do the leaks put forth by wikileaks HELP or HURT that goal? answer YES or NO.

i fully support wikileaks's work if not its crazier utopian-anarchist mission. i applaud anything that provide greater insight into what govts are doing in our names especially when what in said in private is different from the public. but given up names of collaborators, spies, position points however, puts lives at risk and only causes more damage than good.

Decent stories still slip through the media net occasionally though:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/...ma-2034065.html

No other media outlet took this story and its infinitely more shocking than the leaks. Should be front page news every day for a fuckin' year. You want to buy the paternalistic, authoritarian line Jum Jams? Then good luck to you. It's the public's money and lives that are being spent by their governments and just maybe they have the right to know how these decisions are made. Contrary to popular belief, what you don't know can actually kill you.

no one is denying that W.Bush is evil, but on Iraq war there were, at least 39 other countries involved in Iraq; who are the Bush's allies? who are the Bush's main allies? definitely not Indonesia though you said is the biggest arsehole in the world.

I believe Sadam also used WMD to kill his own people in 1987 during bombardment of Halabja, a small town on Iraq's northeastern border with Iran in which up to 5000 kurdis civilians, mostly women and children died a painful.

#113632 - 10 Dec 10 15:12 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

i'm probably the only liberal woman who is not smitten with Mr.Assange's charms and his sexiness, and jumping on the "I am Julian Assange" bandwagon. to me ( i know i'm going to be attacked again for saying this) he is rather annoying self-centered anarchist, fame whore, opportunist freak who thought he was man enough to play the big game. he resists dumping the whole file at once, despite the maniacal threats. if it is all released at once, there will be a week of uproar and then people will move on. he wants to dribble it out so he can stay in the spotlight. the funny thing is the wiki prince gets arrested on sexual assault chargers and it's a threat to free speech. he's making lots of money from donations and comforted by gorgeous wealthy Jemima Khan, but that isn't always to be so for the guy who sent the stuff, he's facing 50 yrs in jail and no one cares. no one is shouting "I am Bradlley Manning." oh I forgot he's an american!

#113633 - 10 Dec 10 16:19 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

The people discomfited by these leaks are people who deserve to be discomfited. Truth helps the people against rapacious elites – everywhere. Jum-jams is a classic case of hegemonized mind and the media has clearly succeeded in its societal task of propagandising her and inculcating the usual historical amnesia. Go back to sleep America, your government's looking after you, and hey, watch TV and drink beer and get fat and stupid. Here's Tom with the weather...

3,000,000 Vietnamese murdered over the course of about 30 years of US aggression.

• Well over 300,000 Japanese were massacred when the US raided Tokyo and dropped nuclear bombs on the urban civilian areas of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

• 600,000 civilians were killed in Cambodia by US bombing between 1969 and 1975.

• Over 500,000 people were killed in Laos when America subjected civilians to "secret bombing" from 1964 to 1973, dropping over two million tons of bombs on the country. Over one fourth of the population also became refugees.

• 100,000 people were murdered in South Korea prior to the Korean War by a brutal repression supported by US forces in 1945. This includes between 30,000 and 40,000 killed during the suppression of a peasant revolt on Cheju Island.

• Up to 4,500,000 Koreans were killed from 1951 to 1953 during America’s massive slaughter in the Korean War.

• 200,000 were murdered when the Philippines were conquered by American forces. (This took place just over 100 years ago.)

• 23,000 people were slaughtered in Taiwan by US-backed, trained, equipped, and funded forces (Chiang’s Nationalist Army) during the late 1940s.

• 700,000 Indonesians (mostly landless peasants) were murdered in 1965 when the US armed and supported General Suharto.

• 200,000 were slaughtered in East Timor in 1975 by General Suharto with US support.

• 750,000 civilians were driven from their homes in East Timor by Indonesian forces in 1999 and 10,000 were killed.

• Over 1,700,000 Iraqis have been killed by US bombings and sanctions, mostly women and children.

• Over 1,000,000 lives were lost during the Iran-Iraq War in the 1980s in which the US used direct force and supported Hussein and Iraq.

• 35,000 Kurds were killed, 3,500 villages were destroyed, and between 2,000,000 and 3,000,000 became homeless as a result of aggression by Turkey with US arming and training in the 1990s.

• Over 1,000,000 people were killed in Afghanistan’s civil war from 1979 to 1992, in which the US strongly supported the Moujahedeen, the most violent and sadistic of the forces. (This also set the stage for the CIA-backed Taliban to attain power.)

• 45,000 people were killed in South Lebanon since 1982 by Israel, always armed and supported by the US

• Thousands have been killed in Palestine and millions (in both Palestine and Lebanon) were made refugees by US-backed Israel.

• Over 150,000 were killed in Greece when America advised, equipped, and financed violent interventions in the late 1940s and late 1960s.

• Over 75,000 civilians were killed and over one million refugees were created in El Salvador from 1980 to 1994 when the US intensely supported the efforts of a brutal regime and its death squads to eliminate a popular uprising.

• 40,000 civilians were killed by the US-backed National Guard in Nicaragua over the course of almost 50 years.

• 30,000 lives were killed by the US contras in Nicaragua from 1979 to 1989.

• 200,000 Guatemalans were slaughtered from 1960-1990s by a military apparatus trained, armed, funded, and assisted by America.

• Over 35,000 Colombian civilians have been killed during the US-supported Colombian war against left-wing rebels.

• More than 4,000 innocent civilians were killed in Panama during the US invasion in 1989.

• Hundreds of thousands were killed by US direct and indirect interventions in Brazil, Chile, Uruguay, Peru, and Argentina from the mid 60s through the 80s.

• 50,000 Haitians were killed when the US military destroyed a peasant uprising in 1915.

• Between 4,000 and 5,000 Haitians were killed in the early 1990s by US-established forces.

• Thousands were killed in the Dominican Republic during the 1960s when US and Dominican troops crushed a pro-Bosch rebellion.

• Over 3,000 were killed and countless others injured by US interventions in Cuba.

• Hundreds were killed or injured when the US invaded Grenada in 1983.

• Over 50,000 Somalians were killed between 1978 and 1990 by US-supported Siad Barre.

• Up to 10,000 more Somalians were killed directly by US troops during America’s "humanitarian mission" in 1993.

• In the US-supported Rwandan genocide, an estimated 800,000 people were killed in just 100 days in 1994.

• Over 300,000 were killed and 80,000 were crippled in Angola from a US-supported civil war.

• Tens of thousands were killed and up to 200,000 were tortured in Chad by Hissen Habre with US support during the 1980’s.

• Over 1,000,000 were killed during Mozambique’s civil war (1980-1992), in which the brutally violent RENAMO forces were supported by the US

• 1,500,000 were killed between 1980 and 1988 in southern Africa by the US-armed South Africa.

• Thousands of people in Pacific islands, Puerto Rico, Utah, California, Nevada, Washington, New Mexico, and various other places have been killed, infected, or harmed as a result of US weapon experiments (especially nuclear weapons and weapons using depleted uranium).

• Hundreds of civil rights activists have been beaten, tortured, framed, and killed in the US by government agencies in recent history.

• Hundreds of Black Panther supporters and American Indians were framed, beaten, or murdered by the FBI and its cohorts in the late 60’s and early 70’s.

• Over 1,200 immigrants and citizens in America (mostly of Arab decent) were detained after September 11, 2001, without evidence of law-breaking or terrorist activity.

• Thousands have been killed during America’s recent "War on Terror."

• Over 2,500 US soldiers and over 40,000 Iraqi civilians have perished since George W’s recent invasion of Iraq.

#113637 - 10 Dec 10 16:32 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
that's just your opinion.

#113638 - 10 Dec 10 16:37 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Let's all just smoke a peas pipe ay? ganja

#113642 - 10 Dec 10 18:42 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

#113647 - 10 Dec 10 23:38 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Vulgarian]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Isn't google amazing?

And the second highest result.

If those are too small to view, try these direct image links:

http://i.imgur.com/PDnns.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/qJgBd.jpg

#113651 - 11 Dec 10 03:00 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

The people discomfited by these leaks are people who deserve to be discomfited. Truth helps the people against rapacious elites – everywhere. Jum-jams is a classic case of hegemonized mind and the media has clearly succeeded in its societal task of propagandising her and inculcating the usual historical amnesia. Go back to sleep America, your government's looking after you, and hey, watch TV and drink beer and get fat and stupid. Here's Tom with the weather..

om, you didn't answer my question instead you're rumbling about nonsense. you must referring all the nonsenses to yourself, your conscience has clearly been twisted by your blind devotion to your idealized mental image of a man whom you have never met and most likely never will. oh.. your juli-boy just posted his accusers Ardin & Willen's photo, complete address and phone number. that's pretty SICK!

#113652 - 11 Dec 10 07:25 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: juminten
The people discomfited by these leaks are people who deserve to be discomfited. Truth helps the people against rapacious elites – everywhere. Jum-jams is a classic case of hegemonized mind and the media has clearly succeeded in its societal task of propagandising her and inculcating the usual historical amnesia. Go back to sleep America, your government's looking after you, and hey, watch TV and drink beer and get fat and stupid. Here's Tom with the weather..

om, you didn't answer my question instead you're rumbling about nonsense. you must referring all the nonsenses to yourself, your conscience has clearly been twisted by your blind devotion to your idealized mental image of a man whom you have never met and most likely never will. oh.. your juli-boy just posted his accusers Ardin & Willen's photo, complete address and phone number. that's pretty SICK!

@jum:

being falsely accused of "rape" is far worse than having your picture revealed on the net! if these gals weren't ready for some political rough stuff, then they should never have got themselves involved in this disgraceful setup.

i don't think anyone posting so far here has any delusions about julian. we all know he's an asshole. that's not really up for debate.

btw, nice to see you getting het up about important things! smile nonetheless, you're completely wrong! smile

#113653 - 11 Dec 10 07:36 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

Daytime telly: Assange is forced to spend his days watching shows such as Loose Women

enough, enough, already! this is cruel and unusual punishment! waterboard him, for mercy's sake!

#113655 - 11 Dec 10 08:32 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Who are they?

#113657 - 11 Dec 10 08:34 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Pooh Bah

they are apparently Loose Women, from UK day time television. sounds positively poisonous. poor Julian.

#113669 - 12 Dec 10 06:30 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: KuKuKaChu

@jum:

being falsely accused of "rape" is far worse than having your picture revealed on the net! if these gals weren't ready for some political rough stuff, then they should never have got themselves involved in this disgraceful setup.

i don't think anyone posting so far here has any delusions about julian. we all know he's an asshole. that's not really up for debate.

btw, nice to see you getting het up about important things! smile nonetheless, you're completely wrong! smile

God!! seriously ku? “Setup?” the US hasn’t charge Assange for anything.

Seriously, you sounded like that guy from Aceh, Ramli Mansur says: “when women don’t dress according to Shariah law, they’re asking to get raped. It’s a fact that men go wild when they see a woman’s boobs and thighs. It arouses them.”

Mannnn...this is the reason why rape is so underreported in this world, especially in my beloved country Indonesia. You don’t know that the rape didn’t occur. If the rapes did occur, you would be telling these women that they should build a bridge and get over it because they shouldn’t ruin Assange’s life. even if it’s true the women were lying, it is totally wrong for you and other Assange’s supporters dragging these women through the mud. No one but Assange and these two women know. Yes, it’s suspect I grant you, if as the charges said he used his weight to hold one of them down to have sex, or as another charge said he had sex with the other while she was asleep, that’s pretty clearly rape. not using a condom when sex with a condom had been consented to is also rape. consent can be revoked, just because a woman consents initially doesn’t mean it can’t be withdrawn. If he kept going after he was asked to stop, that’s fucking rape! It’s a CRIME in Sweden.

I don’t hate Assange, and I do not wish bad thing happens to him and his family! I’m glad he has no home. the media, the assholes should leave his family alone! I just wish he stops being a fool! I’m still hoping for a peaceful resolution, you know, with nobody getting hurt. Pie in the sky, and all that! perhaps the Swedish gov should lock the women up too, for their own safety. then they could serve time with Assange, like one big happy family.

#113671 - 12 Dec 10 08:15 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
fred Offline
Member*

Loc: here and there
The us didn't kidnap an innocent German greengrocer and torture him because his name was similar to a terrorist either (Yer)

Course it's US inspired. They can't stop him so they need to discredit him with "Rape" charges.
You have to remember the first investigation into the "sex crimes" was tossed out by prosecutors in less than 24 hours, then the leaks....

#113678 - 12 Dec 10 08:47 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: fred]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: fred
Course it's US inspired. They can't stop him so they need to discredit him with "Rape" charges.
You have to remember the first investigation into the "sex crimes" was tossed out by prosecutors in less than 24 hours, then the leaks....

an amazing coincidence. sweden has a history of "rendition" (kidnap), thus could be relied upon to ship julian off to guantanamo once the sex charges are either dropped or lost in court.

#113679 - 12 Dec 10 10:44 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Yep, progressive Scandinavia has been gettin' 'em aisle seats too:

http://www.hrw.org/en/news/2006/11/09/sweden-violated-torture-ban-cia-rendition

Jesus Jum-Jams how naive are you fer cryin' out loud? There are wider issues at stake here than Swedish fanny.

"...just because a woman consents initially doesn’t mean it can’t be withdrawn."

Well it probably should be withdrawn in those circumstances. Honestly though, if a woman says no, she means no. But if she tells me she's over 16, then it's my call. Where's the justice?

#113681 - 12 Dec 10 11:15 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

"Plenty of women are attracted by his underdog status and the supposed danger of spending time with him. He has several women on the go at once. One person told me he screws more often than he eats,'' Linderborg said.

#113683 - 12 Dec 10 11:24 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
Pooh Bah

"One person told me he screws more often than he eats,'' Linderborg said.

s/he says that like it was a bad thing.

#113684 - 12 Dec 10 11:28 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Not if you're Chewwy.

#113686 - 12 Dec 10 22:03 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
moosad Offline

Loc: jkta
sadly, looks like behind the scenes backers of Assange may have felt that he has got out of control and therefore needs to be removed. the backers certainly are not the chinese. may we live in interesting times.

#113687 - 12 Dec 10 22:06 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: moosad]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they require an intelligent puppet master. If the leaks show anything, it's that everyone's winging it.

#113693 - 13 Dec 10 02:21 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: Om Pong]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Jesus Jum-Jams how naive are you fer cryin' out loud? There are wider issues at stake here than Swedish fanny.

lol...yet you're still continue commenting. btw, swedish fannies are apparently hot hot heat for mr.assange!
"...just because a woman consents initially doesn’t mean it can’t be withdrawn."
Well it probably should be withdrawn in those circumstances. Honestly though, if a woman says no, she means no. But if she tells me she's over 16, then it's my call. Where's the justice?

if i were to be a guy, the moment I hear a woman say "no" to my advances, I will swallow my pride and let go, and if it so happen that she was only pretending, then hey..that will be her lose!

ok om pong-pong! i'm off for snowboarding up north, so you wont be seeing me crying for at least a week, "cool?"

#113694 - 13 Dec 10 07:07 Re: WikiLeaks!! [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: juminten

lol...yet you're still continue commenting. btw, swedish fannies are apparently hot hot heat for mr.assange!

i've never had any swedish fanny. anyone here with any first hand accounts? (i'm trying to stay on-topic here).

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop