Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#113264 - 14 Nov 10 10:16 Looking for whey protein in Jakarta
Miggity Offline

Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia
New to Jakarta and having some trouble finding affordable whey protein in 5-10lb size (or health/nutrition supplement retailers for that matter).

Indonesia’s scantily clad GNC stores seem to only sell weight gainer in bulk. Natural Farm is excessively overpriced.

I'd rather not have to ship it in if I didn't have to.
Any suggestions?

#113265 - 14 Nov 10 10:21 Re: Looking for whey protein in Jakarta [Re: Miggity]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
getting whey powder in jakarta is always a problem. they are *always* out of stock, and only have this "weight gain" rubbish.

i usually try to remember to stock up whenever i'm in singapore. but if i run out, i am forced to use the Natural Farm products, which, frankly, i do not completely trust.

this is the situation. it's been like this for years, and it's not going to change any time soon.

#113266 - 14 Nov 10 11:47 Re: Looking for whey protein in Jakarta [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Miggity Offline

Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia
I hear ya! Was thinking that is the case.

I'm actually heading to Sinagpore for my KITAS at the end of the month. Where do you recommend I go to stock up when I'm there?

#113267 - 14 Nov 10 11:50 Re: Looking for whey protein in Jakarta [Re: Miggity]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i use GNC in singapore, only because they have outlets in a lot of places, in particular, the one at the Harbourfront Mall where the ferry to batam is located.

i'm sure there must be better places with lower prices than GNC; if you find a better place, let me know.

#117564 - 16 Apr 12 17:11 Re: Looking for whey protein in Jakarta [Re: KuKuKaChu]
rampage Offline

Loc: Non-US
The information is very interesting. I like the post. Thank you, this advice will come in handy. It made me understand something, and it is that I never knew before.

Moderator:  NetCop