Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#111563 - 06 Jul 10 13:36 TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report

Tempo Interactive, Jakarta: Two small explosions took place hours before dawn today (6/7) at Tempo Magazine office in Central Jakarta at the height of dispute between Tempo and police over the recent report on police suspicious assets.

Security guards at the Tempo said three molotov cocktails were hurled from outside the gate of Tempo office on Jl Proklamasi at about 2:40 am, which exploded at the parking area and the facade of Tempo building.

No casualties or injuries, fire was quickly contained by security guard who saw two persons arriving on a motorcycle seconds before the bombs were hurled. Police arrived minutes after the attack was reported.

Editor in Chief of Tempo, Wahyu Muryadi said “We condemn the attack which bears characteristics of terror,” which he said could be launched by those who don't like the option of mediation in dispute settlement between the Tempo and the police.

Report of police huge suspicious assets presented in last week's edition of Tempo which prompted bulk purchases of the edition by unidentified persons from major distributors cutting down distribution line to the public hours before the magazines suppose to reach paper stalls.

Extensive report on the bulk buying later forced the police confessed that the most commonly bribed institution had been insulted by the cover art of the edition, and threatened legal measures against Tempo.

Yesterday the government, through the Coordinating Ministry for Politics, Law, and Human Rights cancelled the lawsuit and said police will settle the matter through mediation facilitated by the Press Council.

AKBAR TRI KURNIAWAN | WDA | SUSENO

#111564 - 06 Jul 10 14:27 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Pooh Bah

police have just officially denied that there was any connection between the bombings and the Fat Assets report.

whew. that's a relief.

#111565 - 06 Jul 10 15:24 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Loc: Blok M

#111566 - 06 Jul 10 18:13 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: Om Pong]
flingwing Offline
Member++

Loc: Jakarta
Tsk, tsk. What short memories we JakChatters (JakChatterers?) have.

It was only on 23 Jun in these very web pages that I ranted (i.e., made a bombastic declamation) about the poor writing and subterfuge that Tempo foisted upon us concerning the EU flight ban of Indonesian air carriers.

For proof go to: <http://jakchat.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/111531/1>

And now, less than two weeks later, Tempo comes under terrorist attack. Is there a connection between these events? I don't know but will you now agree it behooves everyone to pay attention? For years I've been inveighing that you JC sinners should stop all your drinking and fornicating. Who will pay attention now?

That is all. And have a nice day grin

#111567 - 06 Jul 10 19:12 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: flingwing]
Pooh Bah

so, it was *you* who bombed tempo!

#111568 - 06 Jul 10 20:08 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: KuKuKaChu]
flingwing Offline
Member++

40 minutes ago KuKuKaChu said:
". . . so, it was *you* who bombed tempo!".

What? Who said that? I only asked if there was a connection between the two events.

BTW, are you familiar with the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution grin.

#111569 - 06 Jul 10 20:32 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: flingwing]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: flingwing
BTW, are you familiar with the Fifth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution grin.

is that the right to bear molotov cocktails?

#111570 - 06 Jul 10 20:52 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: KuKuKaChu]
flingwing Offline
Member++

Listen, I am, by my beliefs, not allowed to hurt a flea. The personal credo I live by and that has always stood me in good stead is this:

"Peace on earth, good will towards men -- or I'll kill you!" grin

#111571 - 07 Jul 10 10:41 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: flingwing]
Om Pong Offline
Member*

Loc: Blok M
Bless you my child.

#111604 - 08 Jul 10 14:07 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: Om Pong]
Pooh Bah

the generals are becoming increasingly brazen.

Indonesian Anti-graft Activist Attacked

Tempo Interactive, Jakarta: Indonesian graft activist investigating the police dubious assets report was brutally assaulted this morning and sustained serious injuries, two days after the molotov cocktail attack at Tempo Magazine linked to the publication of police enormous wealth.

Tama Satya Langkun, a researcher with the Indonesia Corruption Watch got 29 stitches for cuts from sharp weapons and bruises all over his body after being beaten this morning at about 4 am, after his motorcycle was ambushed by several men on two motorcycles and one car around Duren Tiga area, South Jakarta.

He was riding with a friend who witnessed the attack and took him to the nearest hospital after the attack.

Vice Coordinator of Indonesia Corruption Watch Group Emerson Yuntho said they are suspecting a move against their member after the group received several questions about Tama from unknown persons.

Danang Widoyoko Chairman of the group said the attackers stopped after Tama and his friend Kadhafi fell off their motorcycle, forcefully took off Tama's helmet identified his identification card before beating him and quickly left him with serious bleeding.

The group is reputed for its straight comments on the corrupt National Police in its attempt to collect evidence in the report on dubious giant assets owned by top police officers. Its serious and incessant pressure to the government to investigate the case include the call for the government to remove the National Police from the investigation process and hand over the entire investigation to the Corruption Eradication Commission, or a newly set team independent from the sides indicated in the report.

RATNANING ASIH | FEBRIANA FIRDAUS | SUSENO | WDA

#112543 - 12 Sep 10 02:48 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: KuKuKaChu]
juminten Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: disana-disini
Tempo Attacked Following Police "Fat" Assets Report?

#112569 - 13 Sep 10 19:11 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: juminten]
Pooh Bah

have you ever seen an indonesian police officer without a fat ass?

#112594 - 15 Sep 10 23:04 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: KuKuKaChu
have you ever seen an indonesian police officer without a fat ass?

#118069 - 13 Mar 13 15:08 Re: TEMPO/Tempo Attacked Following Police Fat Assets Report [Re: Vulgarian]
lucycandy Offline

Loc: pairs
there was any connection between the bombings and the Fat Assets report.

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop