Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#106114 - 08 Nov 09 16:22 Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting
Blitz Offline
Member+

Loc: Serpong
Thursday, 5 November 2009 | 8:27 AM

JAKARTA, Kompas.com - Indonesia, in this case the Ministry of Culture and Tourism has offered international standard film shooting locations not only in Bali, but in many other parts of the country as well. "We are offering world class film producers several world scale film shooting locations," the ministry of culture and tourism’s foreign ptomotion director I Gde Pitana said in Jakarta Wednesday.

He said he had met with the producer of the film "Eat, Pray, and Love" in Bali two days ago and made the offer. And Minister of Culture and Tourism Jero Wacik has even offered film shooting locations such as Sumbawa which is highly suitable for making cowboy films.

"Not only that, there are many other world class locations in Indonesia for film making," Pitana said. He said he met with the film producer of the EPL movie picture, namely Stein Wlodkowski, and listened to what they said about Bali.

Pitana said Wlodkowski and his film crew were quite impressed by Bali which they claimed at the most romantic spot in the world. He said he has appreciated the support of Wlodkowski and his crew for shooting a film with Oscar winner Julia Roberts in Bali.

Pitana said a film is a very effective means to introduce the culture of Bali overseas, and at the same time creating an interest in coming to Bali. "So it is a very effective means of promoting tourism, especially as the film is played by world popular acresses like Julia Roberts."

Source : Antara

#106139 - 08 Nov 09 21:52 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Blitz]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jak

But for the fact that corrupt Indonesians can't keep their snouts out of the trough. World-class feeding frenzy for the corrupt

#106141 - 08 Nov 09 21:59 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Marmalade]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Quote:
“Maybe not many people knew [about the filming], so they were surprised and held a protest,” said Tjok Raka Kertiyasa, an official with a local banjar (traditional town council).

When I'm startled, I say, "Fuck." It just shows how much I have to learn from the gentle souls on the island of the gods. They get startled into a full-blown, rent-seeking protest.

I have far to go.

#106142 - 08 Nov 09 22:03 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Vulgarian]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Dress it up as they will, the Island of the Gods is the epicentre of fucking annoyance.
TRANSPORT, Mister?
No fucking shit! I wondered what those wheels did.

#106176 - 09 Nov 09 13:42 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Marmalade]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe

"Eat, Prey, Fuck"

#106202 - 10 Nov 09 01:12 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Marmalade]
Paregy Offline
Member+

Loc: Menteng
Quoting: Marmalade

But for the fact that corrupt Indonesians can't keep their snouts out of the trough. World-class feeding frenzy for the corrupt
How can you feel sure they are corruptors while you don't have any evidences but just heard from media instead, which it might be manipulated..? Just confirm to Kuku. We shouldn't have negative thinking as long as no real evidences. It's right, isn't Ku?

Matthew 4:10
Then saith Jesus unto kim, God theee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship The Lord thy God, and him ONLY shalt thou SERVE.

Revelation 19:10
And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of PROPHECY.

#106203 - 10 Nov 09 01:18 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Paregy]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

So which impossibly perfect news source do you use? And what the fuck does Kuku know apart from hosting a site for the dimwitted/sociopathic?

#106204 - 10 Nov 09 01:29 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Marmalade]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Really interested to know the thoughts of a dim-witted god-botherer.

#106208 - 10 Nov 09 08:34 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Marmalade]
adelina Offline
Member*

Loc: in your heart
be "pamol" smile

#106209 - 10 Nov 09 08:44 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Marmalade]
farr Offline
Member+

Loc: paris van java
Dress it up as they will, the Island of the Gods is the epicentre of fucking annoyance.
TRANSPORT, Mister?
No fucking shit! I wondered what those wheels did.

Sure we can ship some limo..

I think its a good start to promote indonesia. Soon indonesian have to adapt with bule bule, as in bali. More devisa, more job, more unemployed ppl.. Besides, the bule bule will like indonesia environment, culture, and the beauty of indonesia =)

#106240 - 11 Nov 09 16:04 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Paregy]
Sammy Jankis Offline
Member+++

Loc: Manila, Philippines
Quoting: Paregy

How can you feel sure they are corruptors while you don't have any evidences but just heard from media instead, which it might be manipulated..? Just confirm to Kuku. We shouldn't have negative thinking as long as no real evidences. It's right, isn't Ku?

At about 1,990,000 hits? Hmm... what do you think, you fucking idiot?
http://thehateproject.blogspot.com

#106241 - 11 Nov 09 16:10 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Sammy Jankis]
Pooh Bah

Quoting: Sammy Jankis
Quoting: Paregy

At about 1,990,000 hits? Hmm... what do you think, you fucking idiot?

3,000,000 for "indonesian corruption"

#106243 - 11 Nov 09 21:56 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: KuKuKaChu]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

5,000,000 for 'korupsi',
800,000 for 'orang indonesia tidak korupsi'.
I win.
And I still haven't heard of your impeccable news gathering source. Paregy's Super Duper Search Engine! (Vroom, vroom, stall...)

#106283 - 13 Nov 09 22:14 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Marmalade]
Blitz Offline
Member+

Loc: Serpong
I heard, Sumbawa is the future Bali, especially for tourists fond of surfing. So, I think Sumbawa will potentially be one of the nice shooting locations.

Edited by Blitz (13 Nov 09 22:16)

#106313 - 15 Nov 09 19:58 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Blitz]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Minus the bombs, one hopes.

#106316 - 15 Nov 09 23:16 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: Marmalade]
farr Offline
Member+

Loc: paris van java
No bombs in sumbawa but man eating dragon-komodo.

#106320 - 16 Nov 09 07:19 Re: Wow, Indonesia Offers World Class Locations for Film Shooting [Re: farr]
Pooh Bah

sumbawa the next bali? no, i don't think so. sumbawans are nasty, money grubbing snobs.

hmmm. hold on. maybe you have a point ...

Moderator:  kenyeung, NetCop