Pujangga Besar

Loc: Nearest Bar
Claws in....

#64809 - 09 Nov 07 08:48 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Scotty]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: jakarta
Quoting: Scotty

As someone else said: "basic education is cheap". The problem is that although it's cheap in monetary terms, those in power realise that the flip-side of providing basic education to the masses would likely have a long lasting negative effect on their positions at the top of society.

Exactly, and this is Indonesia's big problem, the Soeharto Era anti-intellectualism remains deeply entrenched. This, combined with the polite non-complaining culture here means it's hard to wrest power from the ultra rich toads in charge.

#64810 - 09 Nov 07 08:49 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Roy's Hair]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

...and it would please me enormously if Dilli would make a Photoshopped picture of Mother Theresa having things shoved up her wrinkly, balloon knot of an arse.

Edited by Roy's hair (09 Nov 07 08:51)

#64811 - 09 Nov 07 08:53 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: riccardo]
Gentleman Offline

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
Maybe they should just sterilize all the poor and ignorant people? Problem solved, only worthwhile rich clever people will then continue our species. people like bush, soeharto, soros, trump etc... so who would get to decide? "I'm sorry madam, you are poor and ignorant, so we won't waste our resources on you... die!"

#64814 - 09 Nov 07 09:03 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Gentleman]
Roy's Hair Offline
Pujangga Besar

I don't think such Eugenics would work, look at Soeharto and Soekarno's dipshit offspring if proof were needed. A prime case of nurture over nature.

#64816 - 09 Nov 07 09:10 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Roy's Hair]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Quoting: Roy's hair
...and it would please me enormously if Dilli would make a Photoshopped picture of Mother Theresa having things shoved up her wrinkly, balloon knot of an arse.

A challenge worthy of my talents at last!

#64827 - 09 Nov 07 10:08 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: chewwyUK]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jakarta
Quoting: chewwyUK

You will probably find you will get more rational dialogue if you used less emotive language. Using terms such as "Ignorant, Dumb and "ridiculously dumb" to describe people who live in poverty on a daily basis sickens me. The quote above makes you look very arrogant and displays a complete lack of compassion or empathy.

I agree Cheww. Guilty as charged, but with an explanation. I'll highlight a couple of other KEY things that I've said in this thread so you might be able to empathize and see where I'm coming from at this point in my life. You seem to have decided that these are rhetorical questions from me. They're not. I'm actually looking for some answers.

Original post:
I know it's an extremely harsh view ... but if we can put such (PC) "feelings" aside for a moment, ask yourselves:

/.../
7th or 8th post down:
The background to this: I've been raised to believe, as I'm sure most of you have, that it is just an absolute given that we must help the poor and oppressed to live full lives with dignity ... After two decades of working with and among the poor via NGOs and UN agencies, I have become somewhat disillusioned in both the people being "helped" as well as the "helpers" ...

#64828 - 09 Nov 07 10:24 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: riccardo]
Gentleman Offline

Loc: Bali, Indonesia
riccardo, you said you are disillusioned with the ones helped and the helpers... you also mentioned you were one of those helpers. does that mean that you are disillusioned with yourself too?

#64829 - 09 Nov 07 10:26 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Gentleman]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Touche!

#64836 - 09 Nov 07 10:39 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Gentleman]
riccardo Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: Gentleman
riccardo, you said you are disillusioned with the ones helped and the helpers... you also mentioned you were one of those helpers. does that mean that you are disillusioned with yourself too?

Short answer, yes. I became disillusioned with working with NGOs about 6 years ago and refused to do it anymore, but I still held out hope that at the end of the day, they were doing good work. Now, however, I don't even think that. It's all just a big useless scam and people continue to get poorer and more oppressed while NGOs and UN agencies increase their budgets.

#95644 - 12 Feb 09 20:32 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: chewwyUK]
sheepshagga Offline

"You may have I high IQ rick but if you worked a little on your Emotional Intelligence levels you might find you get the sorts of exchanges you always hoped for".

I can't help but agree with chewwyuk on this particular point. It does seem somewhat lacking in this department.

On the subject of NGO's, I am amazed at the number of employees in these organisations living in swish digs, enjoying a very high standard of living, spending a few days every so often in the feild. Then coming back to Jakarta and saying how tough it was, what a load of bollocks. I wont donate another cent to these particular organisations.

#95654 - 13 Feb 09 06:09 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: chewwyUK]
kenyeung Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Indonesia
was wondering when this thread would re-emerge.

#95655 - 13 Feb 09 06:09 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: riccardo]
fred Offline
Member*

Loc: here and there
I live in a little village in the sticks.
There are a fair mix of people here from the (by local standards) well off to the extremely poor.
By poor I mean simple wooden hut, dirt floors and electicity/running water being something they dream off.

Same goes for health care on any level. They just don't have the cash so they don't get it. Simple as that.

The question isn't really that health care should be provided FOC but how to do it?

I can't see Indonesia being attacked by anyone next week so I expect they could start by getting rid of the order for new fighter jets. The yanks could lend a hand by dropping a few less smart bombs and using the cash to provide medical facilities in poor countries.
That, by the way, would help US security a shit load more that trying to bomb every fucker they don't like. No bugger wants to kill someone who's helping them out.

#95656 - 13 Feb 09 06:24 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: fred]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

*Waits for the second coming of Riccardo*

#95666 - 13 Feb 09 08:12 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: fred]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

Quoting: fred
There are a fair mix of people here from the (by local standards) well off to the extremely poor.
By poor I mean simple wooden hut, dirt floors and electicity/running water being something they dream off.

Same goes for health care on any level. They just don't have the cash so they don't get it. Simple as that.

The question isn't really that health care should be provided FOC but how to do it?

I can't see Indonesia being attacked by anyone next week so I expect they could start by getting rid of the order for new fighter jets. The yanks could lend a hand by dropping a few less smart bombs and using the cash to provide medical facilities in poor countries.
That, by the way, would help US security a shit load more that trying to bomb every fucker they don't like. No bugger wants to kill someone who's helping them out.

Pinko.

#95668 - 13 Feb 09 09:17 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Vulgarian]
fred Offline
Member*

Quoting: Vulgarian

Pinko.

I'm becoming a liily livered liberal blush

#95702 - 13 Feb 09 18:20 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: fred]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jak

Pinko.

I'm becoming a liily livered liberal blush

pink o

#95708 - 13 Feb 09 20:40 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Marmalade]
fred Offline
Member*

That's it I'm going gay and getting a boyfriend.

fancy a shag marmz?

#95730 - 14 Feb 09 11:23 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: fred]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

http://www.shag.com/
Sure - I like his Donna Con Bambino stuff, and the Voyeur collection.

#95733 - 14 Feb 09 11:25 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Marmalade]
Dilli Offline
Pujangga Besar

Too much art....

#95734 - 14 Feb 09 11:26 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Dilli]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Jeez... Palestine!

#97001 - 18 Mar 09 09:33 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Marmalade]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

I'd do marmz if he had a tight, feminine vagina. Man, I hate those masculine vaginas.

Oh, and if you thought that clicking on a link that said tight, feminine vaginas wouldn't be work safe, award yourself 10 points.

#97003 - 18 Mar 09 09:59 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Vulgarian]
Vulgarian Offline
Pujangga

I'd still prefer to be aurally seduced by Bill O'Reilly though.

#97015 - 18 Mar 09 13:19 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Vulgarian]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
I'd still prefer to be aurally seduced by Bill O'Reilly though.

Mate! That's great.

#97079 - 19 Mar 09 10:31 Re: Darwinism in action?? [Re: Piss Salon]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Mate, of late, your great's been innate. I hate to wait for more great. To date your innate great can sate, but fate? Wait...

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  NetCop