Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#102771 - 22 Jul 09 22:37 Seeking Indonesian/English speaking lawyer in West Java
Binyan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL moving to Indonesi...

This is Binyan, I am fairly new to this forum and made one post a few months ago, but would like to now formally introduce myself and extend my greetings and well wishes to all of you. Please forgive, if my thread is a repeat of a past question. I am happy to re-read a past thread if so directed. I was born in N. Ireland but am presently living in Chicago, USA but thank GOD will soon move to Bandung, Indonesia within the next few months. My Indonesian wife has gone ahead of me and is already back in Bandung and temporarily living with her parents due to the illness of one of her parents. We will buy a home in Bandung to be closer to my wife's p's and settle permanently, with the hope of also starting a family. So my question is: Does anyone know of a good, knowledgeable real estate lawyer in the Bandung area to help us with the paperwork and legal aspects of our home purchase? If not, perhaps a lawyer in Jakarta, Jawa Barat or another part, that is willing to do so?

Also, on another subject please,... my wife and I are also planning to start a food business, and Kumon, also in Bandung and are wondering if there are any Indonesian laws currently in place which would prohibit, myself a foreigner from entering into a business? More specifically a little restaurant making/selling authentic: Chicago-style breaded steak sandwiches and stuffed pizzas and also the sale of Vienna All Beef Chicago hotdogs.

Thanks in advance for your help and time given.
-Binyan

#102772 - 22 Jul 09 22:51 Re: Seeking Indonesian/English speaking lawyer in West Java [Re: Binyan]
Marmalade Offline
Pujangga

Loc: Jak
If you make steak sandwiches there is always room at our house for a small stall. Good luck in Bandung, fellow paddy.

#102773 - 23 Jul 09 01:08 Re: Seeking Indonesian/English speaking lawyer in West Java [Re: Marmalade]
Binyan Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL moving to Indonesi...
Hey Marmalade,

Nice to meet you, I appreciate the well wishes! What part of Erie are you from yourself? I was born in Co. Down but came over to the US when only a wee lad but spent every other summer of my life, between Cork and Down. I have a sister presently living back there in Galway and absolutely loving it!...but then, what's not to love, right? I am at an exciting place in my life and very much looking forward to beginning life anew with the love of my life, my dear wife. Life is good!
All the best to you as well. Thanks for saying hello!

Moderator:  NetCop