Forums and Chat for Indonesia's English-speaking community
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#99964 - 10 May 09 14:57 Adoption!
Topspliff Offline

Loc: Jakarta, Indonesia
Hi all

Not sure if this is the right forum for this but hope it can be answered or moved to the correct forum.

I married my Indonesian wife two years ago and took on the responsibility of her first born, so all medical, education and genral living expenses have been down to me.

I have known her daughter now for 3 years, at first it was hard but now she calls me Papi and treats me like a real Father and we get on like a house on fire.

Her blood Father has not contributed to her in any way and has not been in contact for over 18 months.

I wish to adopt her legal but am not sure the best way forward.

I`m English and will probably have to return to the UK within the next year or so and would take my family with me.

Is it easier to adopt her in Indonesia or in the UK?.

Any help on this would be greatfully appreciated.

Alan

Edited by Topspliff (10 May 09 14:59)

#99965 - 10 May 09 15:07 Re: Adoption! [Re: Topspliff]
KuKuKaChu Moderator Offline
Pooh Bah

Loc: Centre of the Universe
i've been involved in a few cases like this in the past. basically, adoption by foreigners is incredibly difficult. you will, unfortunately, need to engage an advocate, with no guarantee of success.

but then, i can't see what the problem is. i presume you are married to the mother, so getting the child out of the country in accompanied by her will not be a problem.

#99966 - 10 May 09 15:13 Re: Adoption! [Re: Topspliff]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Are you Muslim?

#99971 - 10 May 09 16:41 Re: Adoption! [Re: Piss Salon]
Topspliff Offline

Yes I am married to her mother and yes I converted to Muslim "at least on paperwork"!!!

#99978 - 10 May 09 22:22 Re: Adoption! [Re: Topspliff]
qory Offline

Loc: bekasi
i think if u had already got married with her mom, so what's problem?
that's ur wife..
that's your child

God Bless U

#100695 - 30 May 09 17:26 Re: Adoption! [Re: qory]
Topspliff Offline

Just wondered if there was an update on this, and if maybe anyone could recommend a good lawyer?

Best wihes Alan

#100702 - 30 May 09 19:31 Re: Adoption! [Re: Topspliff]
Piss Salon Offline
Pujangga Besar

Loc: Jakpus
Good and lawyer should never be used in the same sentence, unless the words kill/dies horribly etc are also used.

What does the biological father think about the whole process? Just brainstorming here but could you pay him off, taking into account the money he has outstanding for child support?

Moderator:  NetCop